Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
JaSi_1632926
Level 4
Level 4
Welcome! 25 replies posted 10 replies posted

Hi,

I'm trying to design a board with a PSoC 6 as I2S master with several inputs. To achieve this, since the PSoC only supports one I2S instance, I plan to multiplex the SDI signals from the slaves, like this:

pastedImage_1.png

but during build it fails with 'error routing design' etc. Is there any way to get something like this to work?

Thanks, Jacob

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
VenkataD_41
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

The routing from Digital multiplexer to I2S pins is not possible because the rx_sdi pin is hard wired to the pin P5[6]. Here are the following workarounds for you:

1. You can use external Multiplexer.

2. You can use dedicated pin for rx_sdi and use one more pin for output of the multiplexer and connect both the pins externally as shown in the attached image.

Thanks

Ganesh

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
VenkataD_41
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

The routing from Digital multiplexer to I2S pins is not possible because the rx_sdi pin is hard wired to the pin P5[6]. Here are the following workarounds for you:

1. You can use external Multiplexer.

2. You can use dedicated pin for rx_sdi and use one more pin for output of the multiplexer and connect both the pins externally as shown in the attached image.

Thanks

Ganesh

0 Likes

Hello,

Thanks for your answer. In fact, I had already made something like your second proposal. I believe it's desirable to use logic within the PSoC with short paths, how can I know what pins are the most feasible for such a setup?

Thanks, Jacob

0 Likes

Hi,

Please refer the page number (12-16) of the device datasheet obtained from the link below:

http://www.cypress.com/file/385921/download

You can also check the feasible pins of the particular component from the PSoC creator .cydwr window dropbox.

Thanks

Ganesh

0 Likes