I2S external clock?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
euggersh
Level 5
Level 5
5 sign-ins First solution authored 50 replies posted

I have an I2S component in my design and I've checked the "Clock from terminal" checkbox.  Why do I get an error about the source clock (HF1) not being enabled?  How is that clock relevant if I'm trying to drive the clock from an external signal?

0 Likes
1 Solution
RodolfoGL
Employee
Employee
250 solutions authored 250 sign-ins 5 comments on KBA

Have you connected the clock terminal to P5[0] pin? That's the only option you have when enabling this feature. It doesn't mean you can connect to any clock source.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
RodolfoGL
Employee
Employee
250 solutions authored 250 sign-ins 5 comments on KBA

Have you connected the clock terminal to P5[0] pin? That's the only option you have when enabling this feature. It doesn't mean you can connect to any clock source.

0 Likes

Thanks.  I see now that the component datasheet mentions a "dedicated GPIO".  Is there some documentation that that dedicated GPIO is P5[0]?

0 Likes

Yes, the device datasheet will tell which pin is used as clk_if. For the first PSoC 6s we launched, it is in P5[0]. You can refer to the Table "Multiple Alternate Functions" in the PSoC 6 datasheet.

0 Likes