How to use PSoC6 UDB in Creator4.2?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Ray_Liang
Employee
Employee
50 sign-ins 10 questions asked 5 likes given

How to use UDB resource in PSoC6?

I cannot find UDB base component like PWM/UART, etc. in PSoC Creator4.2.

0 Likes
1 Solution
NidhinM_71
Employee
Employee
25 solutions authored 10 solutions authored Welcome!

Hello,

Latest PSoC Creator beta version available here: PSoC Creator 4.2 Beta 2 Announcement!  comes with many UDB logic, registers, and utility functions. UDB based components such as PWM  and UART  will be added in the next update. However, I'd recommend using the fixed function equivalents of these components, namely PWM (TCPWM) and UART(SCB), which are already available. These fixed function blocks provide better power efficiency in addition to making your code modular with PDL support.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions

Regards

Nidhin

View solution in original post

7 Replies
ShipingW_81
500 replies posted 250 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi Ray,

The UDBs for PSoC 6 have the same architecture as our P5LP families,

but the UDB based component like PWM/UART may not be available in current beta version of PSoC Creator 4.2 yet.

Thanks.

0 Likes
NidhinM_71
Employee
Employee
25 solutions authored 10 solutions authored Welcome!

Hello,

Latest PSoC Creator beta version available here: PSoC Creator 4.2 Beta 2 Announcement!  comes with many UDB logic, registers, and utility functions. UDB based components such as PWM  and UART  will be added in the next update. However, I'd recommend using the fixed function equivalents of these components, namely PWM (TCPWM) and UART(SCB), which are already available. These fixed function blocks provide better power efficiency in addition to making your code modular with PDL support.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions

Regards

Nidhin

Nidhin,

Thank you for your reply.

Can we use UDB to drive Intel 8080 interface TFT? Or do you have a plan to make a component to implement EMIF Function in PSOC5LP by UDB?

~Ray

0 Likes

Hi Ray,

Yes, we do have a PSoC 6 UDB based component for parallel TFT interface in the works. Several code examples using this component, and a  shield with 8-bit parallel TFT will be released as a part of a new PSoC 6 kit scheduled for early Q1. Please let me know if you want to take a look at the code example that is a work in progress at the moment.

Regards

Nidhin

0 Likes

Nidhin,

It shoulds great! Please send the code example to me to study. Thank you very much!

Btw, any plan about Frame buffer RAM extend? Can UDB do this also? But it seems need memory mapping.

What about the idea to used QSPI interface to extend QSPI PSRAM?

Regards,

Ray

0 Likes

Hi Ray,

Please check your email for the code example Please note that this is a work in progress. 

Regards,

Vaisakh

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Vaisakh

would you please send TFT code with 8080 interface  to my email?many thanks。

0 Likes