How to program CM4 in PSoC63 ?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
jamec_2673086
Level 3
Level 3
5 likes given First like received First like given

Hello, I am Jagir.

I am new to this Dual core system, I want to know If I have done some changes in the main file of CM4 core or added some changes in some files which are added in CM4 core and I want to program those changes to my device at that time where should I program CM0+ Or CM4?

As in PSoC63, I can see there are two options CM4 & CM0+, wherein PSoC4 it was only CM0.

Let me know when should I program CM0+ & when CM4?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Both cores access the same memory (Flash and RAM) If you program the Flash you will always program for both cores, regardless if there is a selection or not.

That said, there are ways to do only partial memory updates that could only affect a single core, but this is not the standard approach done by Cypress tools.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
ShipingW_81
500 replies posted 250 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Are you using PSoC Creator to download the code?

In PSoC Creator, it would always program both cm0+ and cm4 no matter which you click, cm0+ or cm4.

0 Likes

Yes, we are using PSoC creator.

And for PSoC programmer, there is no option to program separate core in that what can be behavior ?

0 Likes

Both cores access the same memory (Flash and RAM) If you program the Flash you will always program for both cores, regardless if there is a selection or not.

That said, there are ways to do only partial memory updates that could only affect a single core, but this is not the standard approach done by Cypress tools.

0 Likes