How to exploit CySmart data in a pyhton script

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ThDe_4683671
Level 1
Level 1
10 sign-ins 5 replies posted 5 sign-ins

Hello, 

I am currently working on PSOC6 BLE protoyping kit and I am trynig to expoit the USB notification to send data for a graphic who should be updated in realtime on my pc screen. 

For the moment I am using USB communication to send the data from the psoc to my pc. A ptyhon script analyses the data and processes the graph.

Now I would like to use BLE instead of the USB communication. I already have a code that sends the notifications (on CySmart thanks to a dongle) but I cannot find how to expoilt these notifications and use them in the same way I did with the USB technique.  

Thank you for your answer, 

ThDe_4683671

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

Hello @ThDe_4683671 ,

Are you using the CySmart APIs to develop your C# Application or you are just making use of the CySmart Tool? 

If it's the latter, you might need to develop your own C# application using CySmart APIs so that you can implement any kind of processing necessary once the notifications have been received.  Please check the attached zip archive for some reference applications. The CySmart API reference guide can be found at this path: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\CySmart\1.3\documentation".

Next, you can invoke your python scripts from the C# application to analyze this data and update the graphic. Here's one reference link that should be useful.

Regards,
Dheeraj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

Hello @ThDe_4683671 ,

Are you using the CySmart APIs to develop your C# Application or you are just making use of the CySmart Tool? 

If it's the latter, you might need to develop your own C# application using CySmart APIs so that you can implement any kind of processing necessary once the notifications have been received.  Please check the attached zip archive for some reference applications. The CySmart API reference guide can be found at this path: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\CySmart\1.3\documentation".

Next, you can invoke your python scripts from the C# application to analyze this data and update the graphic. Here's one reference link that should be useful.

Regards,
Dheeraj

0 Likes
ThDe_4683671
Level 1
Level 1
10 sign-ins 5 replies posted 5 sign-ins

Hello  Dheeraj,

In fact I am juste using the CYSmart Tool. 

Thank you very much for your answer, I will investigate it. 

Best regards, 

ThDe_4683671

0 Likes