How to edit a PSoC build file in PSoC Creator 4.2

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
BrFi_4053836
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,  I noticed that depending on the PSoC chip used, the build adds or doesn't add certain extra functionality.  Specifically when I am configured for cy85667AXQ-LP40 (100 pin TQFP)  the build uses "cyelftool.exe -M" option to create a few *.cyacd files which are ASCII files of what needs to be written to the PSoC to reprogram it.   However we migrated to a CY8C5688AXI-LP099  which is near identical except for greater memory provisions.   The build file (in PSoC Creator 4.2 ->Build(Shift F6)  doesn't generate this file which I need i.e. (The *.cyacd file by using cyelftool.exe. -M ).  I know how to create it and (command line args, etc) but can't find where to include it anywhere.  This is how to make it Combine Dual-application Bootloadable Hex Files for Production Programming– KBA224390

I know I can stick it in the Project->Build Setting-><proj name>->ARM GCC->User Commands->Post Build line,  but want to make it part of the build in this build file..

Does anyone (1) Know where this build file lives? (2) Any caveates with editing it?

Thanks Yet

0 Likes
1 Solution
GeonaP_26
250 solutions authored 100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored

'cyelftool.exe -M' is added in PSoC Creator build flow for multi application bootloader projects. The bootloader related commands vary based upon the project type such as standard project, bootloader project, bootloadable project etc., Cypress Application Code and Data (cyacd) file is generated only for application/bootloadable projects. 'cyelftool -B' command generates the bootloadable project output file in cyacd format. This command is not applicable to non-bootloadable projects. Whereas, 'cyelftool.exe -M' command merges two bootloadable application output files and it occurs only for multi-application Bootloader. You can configure the bootloader type in bootloader component configuration window, which in turn sets the project type define (CYDEV_PROJ_TYPE) in PSoC Creator generated source file. Note that Combine Dual-application Bootloadable Hex Files for Production Programming– KBA224390 applies only for Dual-application Bootloadable Hex Files.

pastedImage_1.png

You can run "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\PSoC Creator\4.2\PSoC Creator\bin\cyelftool.exe" from the command prompt for more details regarding each cyelftool commands.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
GeonaP_26
250 solutions authored 100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored

'cyelftool.exe -M' is added in PSoC Creator build flow for multi application bootloader projects. The bootloader related commands vary based upon the project type such as standard project, bootloader project, bootloadable project etc., Cypress Application Code and Data (cyacd) file is generated only for application/bootloadable projects. 'cyelftool -B' command generates the bootloadable project output file in cyacd format. This command is not applicable to non-bootloadable projects. Whereas, 'cyelftool.exe -M' command merges two bootloadable application output files and it occurs only for multi-application Bootloader. You can configure the bootloader type in bootloader component configuration window, which in turn sets the project type define (CYDEV_PROJ_TYPE) in PSoC Creator generated source file. Note that Combine Dual-application Bootloadable Hex Files for Production Programming– KBA224390 applies only for Dual-application Bootloadable Hex Files.

pastedImage_1.png

You can run "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\PSoC Creator\4.2\PSoC Creator\bin\cyelftool.exe" from the command prompt for more details regarding each cyelftool commands.

0 Likes