How to connect an output pin?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
DaGa_4352226
Level 2
Level 2
10 questions asked 5 replies posted 5 questions asked

Hello Communiy,

I know it is a dumb question. What I want to to do, it is after a timer is finished, the micro will send a signal to put something in high value. I have put a timer with its interrupt also a digital output. Where should I connect this output? If it is not connected and I compile it, the compiler throws me an error : No input on Instance "Trigger", terminal "y_0"."

I connected this output to the overflow output of the timer... is that correct? or should it be at the interrupt output?... When the timer generates an interrupt the chip can send  a high value througt the "Trigger" output.

What should I do when I want to put the output in high after a cycle is done?

I am using the PsOC 6 evaluation kit board.

I left an image of the design

pastedImage_1.png

0 Likes
1 Solution
MiRo_263836
Level 5
Level 5
100 replies posted 50 likes received 50 replies posted

terminal "y_0 means that there is no signal connected to that pin.  The green wire from overflow is close, but that doesn't count.  It is not connected on the schematic. Adjust the wire to connect to the dot to the left of the Trigger Pin.

pastedImage_0.png

When connected it will look like this

pastedImage_2.png

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
MiRo_263836
Level 5
Level 5
100 replies posted 50 likes received 50 replies posted

terminal "y_0 means that there is no signal connected to that pin.  The green wire from overflow is close, but that doesn't count.  It is not connected on the schematic. Adjust the wire to connect to the dot to the left of the Trigger Pin.

pastedImage_0.png

When connected it will look like this

pastedImage_2.png

0 Likes

And make sure that you have the GPIO set for a HW connection when it is an Output

pastedImage_0.png

0 Likes