How to connect AMUXBUS to Capsense block in PSoC6 (CY8C6247BZI-D54)?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
harsh
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First question asked

harsh_0-1626979473957.png

I want to toggle between 40 pins using the AMUX block which would use the AMUX bus line in PSoC6 and connect the output of the mux to the Tx Pin in the cap sense module. However, I cannot find a simple/intuitive way of doing so - how do I connect the output of the Analog mux to the Capsense block in PSoC Creator? I have already tried to connect the output pin to the Tx pin in cap sense but it doesn't seem like there is a way to do that. Thanks. 

0 Likes
1 Solution
SampathS_11
250 sign-ins 250 solutions authored 5 questions asked

Hello @harsh ,

It is not possible to connect the AMUX output to the CapSense block. The logic for multiplexing GPIOs through the AMUX bus is in the code for the CapSense block itself.

Best regards,

Sampath Selvaraj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
SampathS_11

Hello @harsh ,

I presume you want to connect the CapSense button GPIOs to the CapSense component. If this is your use case, double click on the CapSense component. This will bring up the configuration window, where you can specify the names of your buttons.

SampathS_11_0-1627294726059.png

After this configuration is done, you can go to the pins configurator, and select the actual GPIOs that will be assigned the buttons. Now, the CapSense component will itself take care of the GPIOs connecting through the AMUX bus to the CapSense component.

SampathS_11_1-1627294878725.png

Best regards,

Sampath Selvaraj

0 Likes

Hi @SampathS_11, thanks for your response but my question is actually not about assigning GPIOs to Capsense components but connecting the output of the AMux (in my schematic it is called  "ROW OUTPUT") to the GPIO assigned to the Capsense component.

The pin configurator will obviously not let me assign the same GPIO to two different pins and I cannot find a way to connect the ROW OUTPUT pin and the capsense GPIO in the schematic as well. Sorry if that was not clear in the question, thanks.

0 Likes
SampathS_11

Hello @harsh ,

It is not possible to connect the AMUX output to the CapSense block. The logic for multiplexing GPIOs through the AMUX bus is in the code for the CapSense block itself.

Best regards,

Sampath Selvaraj

0 Likes