Hardware Start of Conversion doesn't work

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ChWe_1372641
Level 1
Level 1
First solution authored First reply posted Welcome!

Hi everyone,

I'am now stuck since two days with an issue being not able to use the hardware start of conversion of my ADC. I use a CY6C6137BZI chip. The ADC is set to single shot with hardware trigger. In order to get rid of this problem i created this top design :psoc.png

I look at SOC_TRIGGER and SDONE with my oscilloscope. I clearly see the incoming pulses at SOC_Trigger but no reaction of the ADC. As soon as i add any sofware driven triggers via ADC_1_Start_Convert() i get pulses on SDONE (Same with a free running ADC). When i have no SDONE puleses i get also no new analog values so its not a problem with the SDONE pulse. I alredy tried a lot of different ADC configurations with low and high sample rates and a lot more. Nothing seems to help. The ADC Version is 2.1 and I am using PSoC creator 4.2.

Can somebody help me here? If I had to guess I'd say this is a bug in the component. At least i have no idea what else i could try.

Thank You and best regards,

Christian

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Vison_Zhang
First comment on KBA 750 replies posted 250 sign-ins

I made a demo to test the sdone and eos terminal output of PSoC6 SARADC component,  my test result is same as expect.

When i press the switch and release it once, two LEDS both toggle one time too.

1.JPG

My test project attached, you can run it on CY8CKIT-062-BLE DVK directly.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Vison_Zhang
First comment on KBA 750 replies posted 250 sign-ins

I made a demo to test the sdone and eos terminal output of PSoC6 SARADC component,  my test result is same as expect.

When i press the switch and release it once, two LEDS both toggle one time too.

1.JPG

My test project attached, you can run it on CY8CKIT-062-BLE DVK directly.

0 Likes