HEX file for programming to PSoC6

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
hata_3396041
Level 4
Level 4
First solution authored First like received 50 questions asked

Hello

I want to write the PSoC 6 HEX file created in the PSoC Creator project to another device.

I want to write the PSoC 6 HEX file created in the PSoC Creator project to another device.

Since PSoC 6 is dual core, HEX files are created in the M0 folder and the M4 folder respectively.
(A total of three HEX files have been created)

If I want to write with PSoC Programmer, should I write the HEX file in M4?
(Do I need both HEX files to write to PSoC6?)

Best Regards

Hayato 

0 Likes
1 Solution
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi @hata_3396041,

I want to write the PSoC 6 HEX file created in the PSoC Creator project to another device

Which is the device selected in the PSoC Creator project and which is the device that you are trying to program? I do not think this is allowed. Can you please let me know if you can change the device in the project?

Regarding your second question, I think this thread will help - PSoC dual cpu 

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi @hata_3396041,

I want to write the PSoC 6 HEX file created in the PSoC Creator project to another device

Which is the device selected in the PSoC Creator project and which is the device that you are trying to program? I do not think this is allowed. Can you please let me know if you can change the device in the project?

Regarding your second question, I think this thread will help - PSoC dual cpu 

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes

Hello Rkshith

Thank you for your reply.

I understand that if I want to write with PSoC programmer, I can write M0 just by writing the HEX file in the M4 folder.

Best Regards

Hayato

0 Likes