Error message "Warning: Can't Open CMSIS-DAP port" in PSoC Creator 4.2.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
NiCl_3460396
Level 1
Level 1
First like given

I'm using PSoC Creator 4.2 with a CY8CKIT-062-BLE. After updating the KitProg firmware (as requested by  PSoC Creator 4.2) using the PSoC Programmer 3.28.0 I am no longer able to connect to the board.

The error message I get (in PSoC Creator) is "Warning: Can't Open CMSIS-DAP port".

PSoC Programmer 3.28.0 gives a similar error message.

Until now everything has worked flawlessly - please advise...

Regards

Nis Adelby Clausen

0 Likes
1 Solution

Yes, you can reprogram the onboard PSoC5 LP device with required KitProg hex file through J7 connector. Another method is to use fw-loader.exe tool to switch between KP2 and KP3. The tool resides under path \...ModusToolbox_1.0\tools\fw-loader-1.0\bin.

BTW, please make sure the SW3 onboard is switched to correct mode for programming.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
NiCl_3460396
Level 1
Level 1
First like given

Seemingly, what happened is the KitProg2 firmware got overwritten with KitProg3 firmware.

There are 3 .hex files in my C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\Programmer folder named KitProg.hex, KitProg2.hex and KitProg3.hex. I suspect I could revert til KitProg2 firmware using the KitProg2.hex file - is this correct?

Also - how do I program the KitProg (seemingly I can't get in touch with it - I've tried using PSoC programmer and selecting the device CY8C5868LTI-LP039 to no avail - the available port identifies as KitProg3)?

/Nis

0 Likes

Yes, you can reprogram the onboard PSoC5 LP device with required KitProg hex file through J7 connector. Another method is to use fw-loader.exe tool to switch between KP2 and KP3. The tool resides under path \...ModusToolbox_1.0\tools\fw-loader-1.0\bin.

BTW, please make sure the SW3 onboard is switched to correct mode for programming.

Hi WangS_81,

Thnx for your prompt reply.

I'll try the fw-loader.exe tool and if that doesn't succeed I'll have to re-program via J7.

What file should I use?

Best regards

/Nis

0 Likes

Nis,

If the KitProg3 firmware is valid on your board, you can use the flash loader to boot KitProg2 firmware. The files to be updated are under folder - \...\ModusToolbox_1.0\tools\fw-loader-1.0\bin\firmware

Please follow the details of "KitProg Firmware Loader" chapter in Modus Toolbox user guide doc to handle the updating process - https://www.cypress.com/file/455211/download