Error creating a PSOC 6 custom BSP for CY8C6247BZI-D34

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
GuGa_1322886
Level 4
Level 4
5 solutions authored 25 sign-ins First comment on KBA

HI,

I have built a custom board following the layout of most external devices in CY8CPROTO-062-4343W,  but with a different MCU CY8C6247BZI-D34 because the one in the prototyping board is nowhere to be found in the market. I'm trying to create the custom BSP following the steps of KBA230822 but towards the end of the creation I get this error message:

Running device-configurator for CY8C6247BZI-D34...
ERROR: Generating code failed. Code generation errors:
- Errors exist in the project's configuration:
'srss[0].clock[0].pathmux[5]' does not exist on the device but has an instantiated personality, 'PATH_MUX-1.0'.

examining the content of design.modus in the three places:, the orginal BSP from the proto kit , the generic BSP, and the created custom BSP, they all have that clock setting.

GuGa_1322886_0-1623816845284.png

I did update libraries, delete and recreated the custom BSP but there is no change. Always get stuck at the same point.

How can I fix this to move on?

0 Likes
1 Solution
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

Hello @GuGa_1322886 ,

The KBA you have linked is for MTB2.1 and earlier. From the screenshot, it seems like you are using MTB 2.2 and above. You will need to follow this KBA for creating the custom BSP on newer versions.

Let me know if you see any errors after following the steps in the new KBA.

Regards,
Dheeraj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

Hello @GuGa_1322886 ,

The KBA you have linked is for MTB2.1 and earlier. From the screenshot, it seems like you are using MTB 2.2 and above. You will need to follow this KBA for creating the custom BSP on newer versions.

Let me know if you see any errors after following the steps in the new KBA.

Regards,
Dheeraj

0 Likes
GuGa_1322886
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Dheeraj,

That was the issue. I overlooked the tool version number. I'm working on ModusToolbox 2.3.0.

That solved the first problem, but I ran into more errors down the road. Read on ...

Started from scratch with a new project following the KBA until I reached point 3.

As indicated in point 3 I edited the make file to set the TARGET=G2BSP (in my case),  saved and ran "make config" on the command line,  but it fails with this error:

** Build support for the target device not found. Run "make getlibs" to ensure all required build and code dependencies are present..  

So, I ran make getlibs and got this error:

Warning: Unable to find the Active BSP in the manifest database.
Nothing to update.
Dependencies resolved.

Searching application directory (.mtb)...
File not found - *.mtb
Could not find .mtb files in the app.

The make file has the following comment above the TARGET= 
# To change the target, it is recommended to use the Library manager

I then open Library Manager 1.3. 

GuGa_1322886_0-1623902316271.png

Notice that the active BSP is picked up from the make file, but the warning still persists in yellow below. I ran "Update" from this window and ran make config again, but got the same error as before.  On the libs tab of Library Manager there is nothing selected, and I think that this is the problem, but I don't know what should be selected there.

It looks like this process is broken again in ModusToolbox 2.3.0, or the KBA is missing some critical information.

0 Likes

Hello @GuGa_1322886 ,

I don't understand why the error "Build support not found.." showed up. Basically, when you first create your application using the PSoC6-GENERIC BSP, all the required libraries are imported. Did you see any errors in Step1 during the project creation? Do you see the mtb_shared folder once the application creation is successful?

Regards,
Dheeraj

0 Likes
GuGa_1322886
Level 4
Level 4

... More info. I tried a few more things adding and removing the BSP of the CY8CPROTO-062-4343w kit, I included the  same libs in my custom BSP, but nothing makes a difference. I think that the central problem is this:

Warning: Unable to find the Active BSP in the manifest database.

0 Likes

Update:
Eventually, I managed to complete the process and create a custom BSP, but after so many trials and errors, I can't point out at exactly what was the issue, or what I was doing wrong or missing before.

0 Likes