EEPROM compile error

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lozhc_4109776
Level 1
Level 1
First like received

I'm trying to incorporate the example from the eeprom example:

CE195313 PSoC Emulated EEPROM

into my project.

However when I build the project, an error occured, If anyone could help me that would be great! Thanks!

Here's my eeprom configuration:

EEPROM Size: 8192

Redundant Copy: No

Use Blocking Write: No

Use Emulated EEPROM: Yes

Wear Level Factor: None

EEPROM configuration in ld files both of CM0 & CM4:

em_eeprom         (rx)    : ORIGIN = 0x14000000, LENGTH = 0x8000       /*  32 KB */

And my error log:

No ELF section .cychecksum found, creating one

Application checksum calculated and stored in ELF section .cychecksum

Checksum calculated and stored in ELF section .cymeta

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\PDL\3.0.4\tools\win\elf\cymcuelftool.exe" --merge C:\Users\XuRi\work\CYPRESS\BroJiaXing\f0v3EEPROM\f0v3\BLE_KEY.cydsn\CortexM4\ARM_GCC_541\Debug\BLE_KEY_signed.elf C:\Users\XuRi\work\CYPRESS\BroJiaXing\f0v3EEPROM\f0v3\BLE_KEY.cydsn\CortexM0p\ARM_GCC_541\Debug\BLE_KEY.elf --output C:\Users\XuRi\work\CYPRESS\BroJiaXing\f0v3EEPROM\f0v3\BLE_KEY.cydsn\CortexM4\ARM_GCC_541\Debug\BLE_KEY.elf --hex C:\Users\XuRi\work\CYPRESS\BroJiaXing\f0v3EEPROM\f0v3\BLE_KEY.cydsn\CortexM4\ARM_GCC_541\Debug\BLE_KEY.hex

C:\Users\XuRi\work\CYPRESS\BroJiaXing\f0v3EEPROM\f0v3\BLE_KEY.cydsn\CortexM0p\ARM_GCC_541\Debug\BLE_KEY.elf: Merge error: Section 0x14000000 at C:\Users\XuRi\work\CYPRESS\BroJiaXing\f0v3EEPROM\f0v3\BLE_KEY.cydsn\CortexM0p\ARM_GCC_541\Debug\BLE_KEY.elf overlaps section 0x14000000 from C:\Users\XuRi\work\CYPRESS\BroJiaXing\f0v3EEPROM\f0v3\BLE_KEY.cydsn\CortexM4\ARM_GCC_541\Debug\BLE_KEY_signed.elf,

but it contains different data

The command 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\PDL\3.0.4\tools\win\elf\cymcuelftool.exe' failed with exit code '1'.

--------------- Rebuild Failed: 03/18/2019 14:28:27 ---------------

1 Solution
ShipingW_81
500 replies posted 250 solutions authored 250 replies posted

It looks from the error log that you introduce both BLE and EEPROM components in your project. The building error is just because

there is a working-flash region allocated for BLE to store the Bonding list, and this region always only be allocated for the core where BLE host lies. It means a kind of out-sync for the two cores.

You can adjust the allocation of working-flash for cores according to your actual application requirements.

I. allocate Working-flash memory for only one core

Here assume only cm4 accesses to working flash, linker file of cm0+ (cy8c6xx7_cm0plus.ld) should be modified as below.

comment below line:

em_eeprom (rx) : ORIGIN = 0x14000000, LENGTH = 0x8000

or

comment below code snippet:

/* Emulated EEPROM Flash area */

.cy_em_eeprom :

{

KEEP(*(.cy_em_eeprom))

} > em_eeprom

II. Split working flash space for two cores respectively

This should be implemented by modifying linker files for two cores. e.g. as below:

cy8c6xx7_cm0plus.ld:

em_eeprom (rx) : ORIGIN = 0x14000000, LENGTH = 0x4000

cy8c6xx7_cm4_dual.ld:

em_eeprom (rx) : ORIGIN = 0x14004000, LENGTH = 0x4000

Let me know if the above methods meets your requirements.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
ShipingW_81
500 replies posted 250 solutions authored 250 replies posted

It looks from the error log that you introduce both BLE and EEPROM components in your project. The building error is just because

there is a working-flash region allocated for BLE to store the Bonding list, and this region always only be allocated for the core where BLE host lies. It means a kind of out-sync for the two cores.

You can adjust the allocation of working-flash for cores according to your actual application requirements.

I. allocate Working-flash memory for only one core

Here assume only cm4 accesses to working flash, linker file of cm0+ (cy8c6xx7_cm0plus.ld) should be modified as below.

comment below line:

em_eeprom (rx) : ORIGIN = 0x14000000, LENGTH = 0x8000

or

comment below code snippet:

.cy_em_eeprom :

{

KEEP(*(.cy_em_eeprom))

} > em_eeprom

II. Split working flash space for two cores respectively

This should be implemented by modifying linker files for two cores. e.g. as below:

cy8c6xx7_cm0plus.ld:

em_eeprom (rx) : ORIGIN = 0x14000000, LENGTH = 0x4000

cy8c6xx7_cm4_dual.ld:

em_eeprom (rx) : ORIGIN = 0x14004000, LENGTH = 0x4000

Let me know if the above methods meets your requirements.

Thank you for your answer, things have changed.

The second way of "allocate Working-flash memory for only one core" is effective.

After modify code according to this way like below, my project build successfully.

.cy_em_eeprom :

{

KEEP(*(.cy_em_eeprom))

} > em_eeprom

Unfortunately, other methods still cause compilation errors, and I don't know why.

I want to know what is the difference between choosing Use Emulated EEPROM option or not.

Could you tell me what is Emulated EEPROM really?

0 Likes

For PSoC6, there is flash-emulated EEPROM, which occupies a dedicated flash section(0x14000000 – 0x14008000). The PDL provides specific Middleware/APIs to facilitate storing some custom data in EEPROM.

I did not figure out which method effective on your side, which one not.

The failed one, can you attach your error log?

0 Likes