E-ink display example, changed text

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello all,

I am trying to get the e-ink display to show static text "Load (lbf): " with numeric text below it that changes based on the output from the ADC. Right now, I am trying to get the static text to show up with a white background. I'm using the DisplayImageandText() function and it is displaying the text, but with a black background.

I believe my problem is in the second input of the function which is looking for a pointer image as the background.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution
NidhinM_71
Employee
Employee
25 solutions authored 10 solutions authored Welcome!

Hi Amanda,

Please take the look this code example:CE220567 - PSoC 6 MCU with BLE Connectivity: BLE Thermometer

In this code example, data from the ADC is processed to get the ambient temperature, which is then displayed on the E-INK display along with static text and images.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Regards

Nidhin

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
NidhinM_71
Employee
Employee
25 solutions authored 10 solutions authored Welcome!

Hi Amanda,

Please take the look this code example:CE220567 - PSoC 6 MCU with BLE Connectivity: BLE Thermometer

In this code example, data from the ADC is processed to get the ambient temperature, which is then displayed on the E-INK display along with static text and images.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Regards

Nidhin

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Nidhin,

I have a question about the math behind converting the result from the ADC in to an understandable temperature reading in the Thermometer example project. The code I am talking about is under the display.c file:

pastedImage_0.png

DECIMAL_2DIGIT_SCALER is defined as uint8_t = 100u. How exactly does the uint8 value of 0x100 convert the hex value to a value that can be displayed in a readable decimal form as temperature? I understand the basics behind taking the product and modulus to get the decimal and fraction values, but how did the programmers determine that 0x100 was the hex value that would convert the ADC result?

Thanks,

Amanda

0 Likes