Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
caRa_3762551
Level 1
Level 1
First like given

I've been using the Cy_crypto_rsa_proc function but I can only use the RSA public key, does anyone know how I can call the RSA private key?

0 Likes
1 Solution
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

RSA Standard provides the options of encryption or signature verification using the public key and decryption or signature generation using the private key.

Currently, the crypto driver provides support only for encryption or signature verification using Montgomery multiplication, Montgomery exponentiation and Barrett reduction methods and this is done using only the public key.

What you are asking for is signature generation using the private key which isn't yet supported and hence the API Cy_Crypto_Rsa_Proc can't be used. The APIs currently only support encryption and signature verification.

Regards,
Dheeraj

View solution in original post

1 Reply
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

RSA Standard provides the options of encryption or signature verification using the public key and decryption or signature generation using the private key.

Currently, the crypto driver provides support only for encryption or signature verification using Montgomery multiplication, Montgomery exponentiation and Barrett reduction methods and this is done using only the public key.

What you are asking for is signature generation using the private key which isn't yet supported and hence the API Cy_Crypto_Rsa_Proc can't be used. The APIs currently only support encryption and signature verification.

Regards,
Dheeraj