cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PSoC 6 MCU

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

We are wondering why registering a CY_SYSPM_DEEPSLEEP call back with Cy_SysPm_RegisterCallback() at different parts of our code returns different results with low power mode.

We have a startup sequence with the callback registration:

void Boot()

{

Core_Init();               // Starts watchdog, power mode handling, etc.

SensorBus_Init();     // Starts I2c data bus

Ble_Init();                 // Starts bluetooth

UI_Init();                   // Starts pwm's and switches

cy_stc_syspm_callback_t DeepSleepCb = {DeepSleepCallback, CY_SYSPM_DEEPSLEEP,

CY_SYSPM_SKIP_CHECK_READY | CY_SYSPM_SKIP_CHECK_FAIL,

&callbackParams, NULL, NULL};

Cy_SysPm_RegisterCallback(&DeepSleepCb);

}

We would like to register the callback inside Core_Init() but noticed that doing so triggers a fault caused by Cy_BLE_Start() inside Ble_Init(). It seems that there's a mandatory order of registering the callbacks? So for testing purposes we register the callback after Cy_BLE_Start(). But then another fault is triggered upon calling any low power mode API's (Cy_SysPm_EnterLowPowerMode(), Cy_SysPm_Sleep(), etc.) which according to the debugger is triggered at the internal call of Cy_SysPm_ExecuteCallback(). In result, we registered the callback after all initialization which does the job. However we are curious about the issue caused by the sequence of registering the callback.

Best,

Steve

0 Likes
1 Solution
Employee

Steve,

Can you take a look at this post and my responses there? We do have an issue in our PDL that impacts the order in which callbacks are registered. I believe you are facing a similar issue. I have provided a workaround as well in the post. Try it and let me know if that solves your issue as well.

Regards,

Meenakshi Sundaram R

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Employee

Steve,

Can you take a look at this post and my responses there? We do have an issue in our PDL that impacts the order in which callbacks are registered. I believe you are facing a similar issue. I have provided a workaround as well in the post. Try it and let me know if that solves your issue as well.

Regards,

Meenakshi Sundaram R

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Top labels