Cy_BLE_StoreBondingData hard fault

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
FiBe_4648916
Level 1
Level 1
First solution authored First reply posted First question asked

I have a problem with saving bonding data. When I bond with a peer device I get the CY_BLE_EVT_PENDING_FLASH_WRITE event. Then I try to save the data in Flash using the Cy_BLE_StoreBondingData API. Unfortunately, every time I call this function I have a hard-fault (especially due to the call of Cy_BLE_StoreStackData) ... I can't understand what the problem could be. Has anyone had this problem?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I found the problem:

The (cy_em_eeprom.) section that is used to save the bonding data was not correctly placed in memory.

CY_SECTION(".cy_em_eeprom") CY_ALIGN(CY_FLASH_SIZEOF_ROW) static const cy_stc_ble_flash_storage_t cy_ble_flashStorage ;

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
VenkataD_41
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

Are you using a normal BLE application or OTA-Bootloader-based application? If you are using the normal application, please find the attached peripheral project and see if this works at your side. You can use CySmart mobile application as a central to connect with the peripheral.

If the above application is not working at your side, please attach the project schematic as well as your PSoC Creator project. If it works then please compare the logical flow and follow the same and let us know if you still face the same issue.

Thanks and regards

Ganesh

0 Likes

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I found the problem:

The (cy_em_eeprom.) section that is used to save the bonding data was not correctly placed in memory.

CY_SECTION(".cy_em_eeprom") CY_ALIGN(CY_FLASH_SIZEOF_ROW) static const cy_stc_ble_flash_storage_t cy_ble_flashStorage ;

0 Likes