Crypto Server functionality

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
BrVa_4472456
Level 2
Level 2
10 replies posted 5 replies posted 5 questions asked

Hi,

From all the documents I've read about the crypto functionality on the PSoC 6 alludes to the crypto server exclusively running on the secure M0+ core. But as I've began working with the crypto I've noticed I can start the server on the both the M4 and M0+, and when started from the M4 it seems the server processing happens on the M4 as well. Am I missing something or is there something happening "under the covers" that it is actually happening from the M0+ core? No problems necessarily, just hoping to get a better understanding.

Thanks!

Bryan

0 Likes
1 Solution
user_1669321
Level 5
Level 5
100 replies posted 50 replies posted 25 replies posted

From the PDL:

Firmware initializes and starts the Crypto server. The server can run on either core and works with the Crypto hardware. The Crypto server is implemented as a secure block. It performs all cryptographic operations for the client. Access to the server is through the Inter Process Communication (IPC) driver. Direct access is not allowed.

file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Cypress/PDL/3.1.1/doc/pdl_api_reference_manual/html/group__group__crypto.html

View solution in original post

1 Reply
user_1669321
Level 5
Level 5
100 replies posted 50 replies posted 25 replies posted

From the PDL:

Firmware initializes and starts the Crypto server. The server can run on either core and works with the Crypto hardware. The Crypto server is implemented as a secure block. It performs all cryptographic operations for the client. Access to the server is through the Inter Process Communication (IPC) driver. Direct access is not allowed.

file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Cypress/PDL/3.1.1/doc/pdl_api_reference_manual/html/group__group__crypto.html