CYBLE-416045-02 Hex Metadata Silicon/Family/Revision ID

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
GrPe_4681436
Level 1
Level 1

I am tying to make a custom programmer for my CY8CPROTO-063-BLE. The Programming Specifications not a Silicon ID that is required in the Metadata fields in the hex file. I've only found vague mentions of any such ID's on the internet but never directly specifying the ID of my devi

I am aware the Revision ID is unimportant from programming.

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

You can find the value for Silicon ID in the "CY8C63xx.dat" file available in the path "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\Programmer\Devices" as highlighted below:

bzi.PNG

Hope this helps

Regards,

Dheeraj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

Hello,

The Metadata section contains data that is not programmed into the PSoC 6 MCU. Instead, it is used to check data integrity of the hex file and the silicon ID of the PSoC 6 MCU. The field in this section are shown below:

hex.PNG

For more information on these fields please refer to the section "Organization of the hex file" in the PSoC6 Programming Specifications.

Regards,

Dheeraj

0 Likes

Thanks for clarifying that.
I had already found the above information and now need to know what those values are for the CY8CPROTO-063-BLE PSoC® 6 BLE Prototyping Kit. The PSoC6 Programming Specifications Specify the offset and layout of the Metadata section, not the actual values for my hardware.

I have searched and found nothing on these values.

Thanks and regards

0 Likes

You can find the value for Silicon ID in the "CY8C63xx.dat" file available in the path "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\Programmer\Devices" as highlighted below:

bzi.PNG

Hope this helps

Regards,

Dheeraj

0 Likes