CY8CPROTO-063-BLE PSoC Creator kit drivers

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
CaKu_4284131
Level 5
Level 5
50 replies posted 25 replies posted 10 likes received

PSoC 6 BLE Prototyping Board Guide, Doc. # 002-24993 Rev. *A says

Connect the Prototyping Board to the PC through the USB Micro-B Connector (J8) as shown in

Figure 3-2. The kit enumerates as a composite device. If you are plugging in the PSoC 6 BLE

Prototyping Board to your PC for the first time, the kit drivers will get installed automatically.

Is there any other way to install the kit drivers? We're thinking of buying the CY8CPROTO-063-BLE, but want to explore it in PSoC Creator first, to make sure it meets our needs.

0 Likes
2 Replies
SaKu_291986
Level 4
Level 4
10 replies posted 10 questions asked 5 solutions authored

The CY8CPROTO-063-BLE has the KitProg2, which is at the USB side of the board. KitProg2 is used to program the PSoC6 on the PSoC6 BLE section. To use this kit, we would need driver for KitProg2.

The driver for KitProg2 would be available after installing PSoC Creator. The drivers are actually contained in PSoC Programmer software, which is installed by the PSoC Creator installer.

Do kindly list out your needs in this community. Other engineers can give you their opinion on the suitability of this kit in meeting or exceeding your needs.

Best regards,

Sampath Selvaraj

0 Likes

Our main concern is the number of GPIOs. Once I realized that the PSoC 6 BLE Prototyping Kit (CY8CPROTO-063-BLE) just packages the CYBLE-416045-02 EZ-BLE™ CREATOR MODULE, I realized that we would have the same limitations on GPIOs. The CYBLE-416045-02 EZ-BLE would fit our needs nicely, except that it has insufficient GPIO. We'd have to add something like the MCP23017 16-Bit I2C I/O Expander with Serial Interface.

Thanks,

Carl

0 Likes