CY8C6336BZI-BLF03 hardware design

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
DaKi_3082571
Level 1
Level 1
First like given

hi

I have 3.3V to power VDD.

I'm using CY8C6336BZI-BLF03 and I will use this only BLE and uart

so I refer to CY8CKIT-062-BLE schematics and PSoc MCU Hardware Design Considerations

but I just want to use what I need so make simple

I want to delete SIMO but I do not know when SIMO is used

I don't need PMIC, analog peripheral -> can I skip VDDA design ?

if AP give interrupt to CY8C6336's p0_4 can I use that for wakeup signal?

0 Likes
1 Solution
ShipingW_81
500 replies posted 250 solutions authored 250 replies posted

SIMO is indispensable in your design because the power supply for BLE radio is VRF, which is one of the outputs of SIMO. Therefore, you need get the input of SIMO (VDD_NS) ready.

VDDD&VDDA are always required irrespective of other supplies. It can not be skipped.

If you disable PMIC control in your design, you can apply trigger on P0_4 to wake up the device.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
ShipingW_81
500 replies posted 250 solutions authored 250 replies posted

SIMO is indispensable in your design because the power supply for BLE radio is VRF, which is one of the outputs of SIMO. Therefore, you need get the input of SIMO (VDD_NS) ready.

VDDD&VDDA are always required irrespective of other supplies. It can not be skipped.

If you disable PMIC control in your design, you can apply trigger on P0_4 to wake up the device.

That's what I wanted!

thanks fwan

0 Likes

One correction to my previous post:

SIMO is optional and it can be disabled in your design. Both PSoC Core (VCCD) and BLE Radio (VDCDC) can be powered internally if SIMO is disabled in the cydwr settings of a project.