CY8C6136BZI-F34 (BGA124) programming problem.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
papec_1264326
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Reference document Number: 002-15554 Rev. *I(PsoC6 MCU Programming Specifications).When I was developing the burning software for CY8C6136BZI-F34 (BGA124), the following problems occurred:

After burning NAR, in the process of "Acquire Chip", the test mode cannot be entered, and subsequent operations of reading the Silicon ID cannot be performed. How to solve this problem?

In the "Acquire Chip" process, in test mode, make sure that the PC points to ROM or Supervisory Flash, but each time it reads PC (0x08047790) to SRAM (MEM_BASE_SRAM = 0x08000000).Is this a normal result? Can I ignore this step?

Programming Specifications Rev I about NAR has the following description. Could you help me explain the meaning of the following description? On the other hand, how to distinguish the new data is less or more restrictive than the existing data?

"Be aware that the NAR sub-region cannot be overwritten or erased if the new data is less restrictive than the existing data."

Thanks.

Peter

0 Likes
2 Replies
RyanZhao
250 sign-ins First question asked 750 replies posted

Hi Peter,

I'm not very familiar with PSoC 6 programming. But hope ideas below may help on something..

1. What is burned into NAR? If some bits in NAR changed, pp will forbid programming it. Have you tried read NAR data and write same data into it and then can you read silicon ID?

2. I saw in the flow chart of acquire chip, it has a procedure every time to judge:  data & 0x80000000 == 0x80000000, Is that related with your question? Suggest comparing SWD waveform of MiniProg-3 programming with SWD waveform of your programmer and code to check if it is normal.

Here is what I know:

a. There are two registers called NAR_MIN and NAR that are stored in SFLASH. NAR contains the current value of NORMAL access restriction and any update to NAR must be more restrictive than NAR_MIN.

b. The new restrictions must be more restrictive than what Cypress put in SFLASH originally or any permanent restrictions added by the customer.

Can you try reading them back and compare them with you'd like to update.

Thanks,

Ryan

0 Likes
RyanZhao
250 sign-ins First question asked 750 replies posted

Hi Peter,

The log of using OpenOCD to program PSoC 6 is FYI:

Section 8 Usage Examples in

https://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/cypress-programmer-20-openocd-cli-user-gu...

Thanks,

Ryan

0 Likes