CY_BLE_ERROR_INSUFFICIENT_RESOURCES

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
JaPo_3883311
Level 1
Level 1
First like received

Background: Using a PSoC 6 MCU as a BLE GATT server for various clients, including a Windows C# application that uses a CySmart BLE dongle (CY5677) and its C# API.

When the PSoC GATT server is connected to the Windows client, invocations of Cy_BLE_L2CAP_LeConnectionParamUpdateRequest (on the PSoC side) all return CY_BLE_ERROR_INSUFFICIENT_RESOURCES. Interestingly, when the PSoC is connected to an Android client under otherwise identical conditions, the invocations succeed. I've tried reducing the PSoC's memory consumption but nothing changes (memory consumption was low to begin with so probably not the issue).

What could be causing this? The error is a bit vague so I don't know what else to fiddle with besides memory use. It's also suspicious to me that it only happens when connected to a PC over a BLE dongle. Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
1 Solution

In code exmaple ce212742-ble-42-data-length-security-privacy​, P6 calls this API to update connection parameter with CY5677 dongle finely.

It maybe helpful for you to refer to the handling.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
ShipingW_81
500 replies posted 250 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Guess it's possibly casused by the old version BLE stack existing in CY5677.

Have you ever tried out other Central devices other than the two you mentioned. How about a peer PSoC 6 central device?

0 Likes

Thanks for the reply and sorry for the slow response --

The only other central device I tried was an HP Pro X2 tablet using the UWP Bluetooth API. The call to Cy_BLE_L2CAP_LeConnectionParamUpdateRequest on the PSoC peripheral didn't return this error when connected to the tablet. Haven't tried a PSoC central yet.

0 Likes

In code exmaple ce212742-ble-42-data-length-security-privacy​, P6 calls this API to update connection parameter with CY5677 dongle finely.

It maybe helpful for you to refer to the handling.

0 Likes