Both PSoC 6 WiFi-BT Pioneer & PSoC BLE Pioneer dead

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
DaCa_1488581
Level 1
Level 1

Both of these kits are dead. They will not take a new program and will not run the last program programmed into them.

The Programmer (3.28.5.4358) appears to connect with the device (KitProg).

I am using Creator 4.2.

Leds 2 and 4 are on solid.

Creator can not program the unit and appears to only see the KitProg.

I did program several programs into both devices with no problem and all seemed to work well.

I do not remember using any power other then the USB cable.

Since both devices are doing the same thing I guess I have done something but I don't know what at this point. I have been using PSoC Creator on other devices for years with no problem.

Since I am on Social Security there is no hope of getting either one of these devices again. But it would have been nice to know what I did.

I was going to just trash the devices but Sampath Selvaraj (Applications Engineer Senior Staff) said to post it to see if anybody had an idea as to what happened.

So, here it is...…….

Thanks for any comment

Lost In My Own World

0 Likes
1 Solution
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi DaCa_1488581​,

I am sorry that you are unable to program your device. Can you please share the error that comes up when you try programming the device using PSoC Programmer?

According to the description that you have provided, it seems that the KitProg is working normally and it is not able to program the PSoC 6. This might be because the PSoC 6 is damaged by various reasons including -

1. Programming the device at 5V.

2. Connecting a 5V device to the GPIO of the PSoC device.

Can you please confirm that the current measurement jumper J8 is connected in both devices and the switch SW7 is connected to VDDD/KitProg2?

Thanks and Regards,

Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi DaCa_1488581​,

I am sorry that you are unable to program your device. Can you please share the error that comes up when you try programming the device using PSoC Programmer?

According to the description that you have provided, it seems that the KitProg is working normally and it is not able to program the PSoC 6. This might be because the PSoC 6 is damaged by various reasons including -

1. Programming the device at 5V.

2. Connecting a 5V device to the GPIO of the PSoC device.

Can you please confirm that the current measurement jumper J8 is connected in both devices and the switch SW7 is connected to VDDD/KitProg2?

Thanks and Regards,

Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes

It as been a long time since I used the PSoC6 but the more I think about it, I may have used an external 5V. device with the PSoC6.

Since it looks like I may have did harm to the devices, I'm just going to junk them and use other uP.

Thanks anyway for your time,

Dave

0 Likes

Hi DaCa_1488581,

I am sorry that your devices are no longer usable. If you can provide more information on your application, we can suggest a PSoC device best suited for your application.

Regards,

Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes