BLE program on PC to access PSOC6BLE

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Kenshow
Level 8
Level 8
Distributor - Marubun (Japan)
50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored 10 solutions authored

Hi,

I have a PSoC 6-BLE Pioneer Kit (CY8CKIT-062-BLE). I would like to display the status of PSoC6 with (TeraTerm) on the UART of the PC, but I would like to display it using the BluleTooth (BLE4.2) built into the PC instead of using the dongle. Is there any samplea close to this?
Especially for the development on the PC side, it would be helpful if you could give me advice on whether to take the same approach.

Thanks,
Kenshow

1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Yugandhar
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 5 likes given

Hello,

For SPP configuration, you can refer to the attached PSoC6_BLE_UART example projects. This project demonstrates how to use PSoC6 BLE device as a UART-BLE bridge (Custom SPP). This code example uses a custom BLE profile to demonstrate the UART-BLE bridge functionality. This example consists of two projects – Central and Peripheral.

You can also use the peripheral project for communicating between PSoC6 ble and Smartphone/PC Cysmart dongle.

Thanks,
P Yugandhar.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Yugandhar

Hello,

You have to use the Cysmart BLE dongle only to make connection between PSoC6 BLE and PC.  Please refer to the CY5677 CySmart dongle from the link for more information.

Thanks,
P Yugandhar.

0 Likes
Kenshow
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately,  my question is how to implement a spp-like configuration directly using the PC's built-in BLE without using a dongle.

I found that it could be built using UWP of MS-Visual Studio, but it would be helpful if there was such a PC side / PSoC6BLE sample.

Thanks,
Kenshow

0 Likes
lock attach
Yugandhar

Hello,

For SPP configuration, you can refer to the attached PSoC6_BLE_UART example projects. This project demonstrates how to use PSoC6 BLE device as a UART-BLE bridge (Custom SPP). This code example uses a custom BLE profile to demonstrate the UART-BLE bridge functionality. This example consists of two projects – Central and Peripheral.

You can also use the peripheral project for communicating between PSoC6 ble and Smartphone/PC Cysmart dongle.

Thanks,
P Yugandhar.

Kenshow
Level 8
Level 8

Hello.

Thanks for the sample program. It is very helpful for me. However, the PC side is intended to use the PC's BLE, not the dongle. Therefore, we would like a program for the PC that uses the PC's BLE.

Thanks,
Kenshow

0 Likes
Kenshow
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

For building on a PC, I am considering programming using UWP with MS-Visual Studio. If you have any advice such as samples, please let me know.

Thanks,
Kenshow

0 Likes
lock attach
Yugandhar

Hello,

We don't have any program using UWP with MS-Visual Studio. You can refer to the attached CySmart API examples which might be helpful for your PC application.

Thanks,

P Yugandhar.

Kenshow
Level 8
Level 8

Hi  Yugandhar,

I will try to make a PC application program with MS-Visual Studio. I found that  it is available  UWP for BLE to communicate to BLE devices.  I will up a program with PC application program as discussions of CE.

Thank you very much for your supporting.

Regards,
Kenshow

0 Likes