BLE and Timer Change- CE220567 BLE Thermometer Example Project

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, I am currently working off of the BLE Thermometer project offered for the PSOC 6. My application is for a load cell, and therefore I need to change the BLE service on the CySmart app to display the Weight Scale service instead of Temperature service. I've tried to reconfigure the Weight Scale service, but any time I click on the "Unknown Service" in the app, which should be the weight scale service, it says 'No custom UI available'. Are there certain parameters within the ble_application.c file (or another source file) that I need to change in addition to change the module in TopDesign.cysch?

BLE changes I've made thus far:

- Add weight scale characteristic to GATT server

- Change GAP Settings -> Advertisement packet -> Service UUID from Health Thermometer to Weight Scale

Also, I would like to change the timer within the example code to periodically refresh the e-ink display in 5 second intervals instead of 1 minute intervals. I've tried to change this without luck. Any suggestions?

Thank you for your help!

0 Likes
1 Solution
ajays_86
Employee
Employee
First like received

Hi amanda.k.smith,

The CySmart Android app supports the following adopted Bluetooth LE profiles and services:

• Heart Rate
  • Battery Service
  • Health Thermometer
  • Blood Pressure
  • Cycling Speed and Cadence
  • Running Speed and Cadence
  • Glucose
  • Find Me
  • Proximity
  • Device Information

The CySmart app also supports the following custom Cypress Bluetooth LE profiles:

• Cypress CapSense® Profile
  • Cypress RGB LED Profile
  • Cypress Bootloader Profile

But if you are using any other service, then you can view the service details in the GATT DB.

For more information about CySmart App see:

CySmart™ Android App User Guide - Cypress Semiconductor

CySmart™ iOS App User Guide - Cypress Semiconductor

Thanks,

Ajay

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
himam_31
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Can you try connecting this to CySmart PC application?

Thanks,

Hima

0 Likes
ajays_86
Employee
Employee
First like received

Hi amanda.k.smith,

The CySmart Android app supports the following adopted Bluetooth LE profiles and services:

• Heart Rate
  • Battery Service
  • Health Thermometer
  • Blood Pressure
  • Cycling Speed and Cadence
  • Running Speed and Cadence
  • Glucose
  • Find Me
  • Proximity
  • Device Information

The CySmart app also supports the following custom Cypress Bluetooth LE profiles:

• Cypress CapSense® Profile
  • Cypress RGB LED Profile
  • Cypress Bootloader Profile

But if you are using any other service, then you can view the service details in the GATT DB.

For more information about CySmart App see:

CySmart™ Android App User Guide - Cypress Semiconductor

CySmart™ iOS App User Guide - Cypress Semiconductor

Thanks,

Ajay

0 Likes
himam_31
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Hello,

We are working on a code example with BLE Weight Scale Profile. This will be released in two or three weeks tentatively. You can have a look at that code example once it is released. However you will need to use the GATT Data Base mode for test this example.

Thanks,

Hima