Automatic switching SMIF slots in XIP mode?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Gintaras
Level 2
Level 2
10 replies posted 25 sign-ins 10 sign-ins

Hi,

Is there  a possibility to have two or more memory slots in XIP mode without  switching between them manualy?

Now it is only possible to manually select QSPI slave, for example using this sequence:

cyhal_qspi_init(&qspi_psram_obj, QSPI_IO0, QSPI_IO1, QSPI_IO2, QSPI_IO3, NC, NC,NC, NC, QSPI_CLK, PSRAM_SSEL, QSPI_FREQ, 0);

cyhal_qspi_slave_select_config(&qspi_psram_obj, FLASH_SSEL);

/*Entering XIP mode and working with external PSRAM on slot 0...*/

cyhal_qspi_select_active_ssel(&qspi_psram_obj, FLASH_SSEL);

/*Entering XIP mode and working with external FLASH on slot 1...*/

Regards,

Gintaras

0 Likes
2 Replies
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

Hello @Gintaras ,

Can you please provide more details of the device, connections, and memories you are working with? Also, please share the linker script so that we can understand the layout and XIP sections that have been defined. 

Is the requirement to have XIP modes working simultaneously on multiple memory devices?

Regards,
Dheeraj

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hello Dheeraj,

Indeed, simultaneous XIP  modes with external Flash and external PSRAM in a different memory regions is what I need. This would extend both the Flash and the RAM of the MCU.

MCU CY8C6245AZI-S3D72, PSRAM APS6404L-3SQR-ZR Slot 0, Flash S25HL512TFABHI010 Slot 1; Using Quad SPI interface.

At the moment the ld script has a single xip region for Flash memory and the reserved section for first sector (it is a hybrid sector I do not need now). Flash could begin 0x18000000 and PSRAM 0x1C000000.

But firstly, will it work at all?

I have PSRAM and Flash working in XIP modes in separate projects already, but not both at same time.

Regards,

Gintaras

0 Likes