About PSoC6 BLE Slave Latency

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, group members.

In PSoC6 BLE slave latency can be set.

If the slave acquires the data during the response skipping period of the slave latency, can slave transmit data at the next transmission timing regardless of slave latency?

Please see also attached figure.

Best Regards

0 Likes
1 Solution
MeenakshiR_71
Employee
Employee
100 likes received 50 likes received 25 likes received

Hello shimizu.hiro-00_1679296​,

Yes, the slave/peripheral can transmit data during a connection event, whenever it has a new data irrespective of the slave latency count. The slave latency is used only when the slave does not have any new data to send. It can ignore the connection events from the master for the "slave latency" counts. However, once the slave latency counts lapse, the slave has to acknowledge irrespective of whether it has new data or not. So, yes the attached use case/scenario is perfectly possible.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Meenakshi Sundaram R

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
MeenakshiR_71
Employee
Employee
100 likes received 50 likes received 25 likes received

Hello shimizu.hiro-00_1679296​,

Yes, the slave/peripheral can transmit data during a connection event, whenever it has a new data irrespective of the slave latency count. The slave latency is used only when the slave does not have any new data to send. It can ignore the connection events from the master for the "slave latency" counts. However, once the slave latency counts lapse, the slave has to acknowledge irrespective of whether it has new data or not. So, yes the attached use case/scenario is perfectly possible.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Meenakshi Sundaram R

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your reply. I am sorry for the delay in replying.
I understood about the slave latency specification of PSoC 6 BLE.
Can I question two points on this basis?

1.From the point of consumption current, the more slave latency count, the better and there was no disadvantage especially in increasing   slave latency count I felt.

Is there any disadvantage in increasing slave latency count?

2.The attached use case/scenario is perfectly possible in PSoC 6 BLE.

Is it possible for PSoC 4 BLE as well?

Best Regards

0 Likes