Pressure sensor

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Diako
Level 1
Level 1
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins First reply posted

Hi I'm connecting the following pressure sensor to my psoc using my psoc 5lp . I watched couple of tutorials on how to interface a pressure sensor and have looked at the ADC example on psoc website. My code is very similiar to the person on the youtube link below.  I also have watched the following analog sensor for the arduino code but its not working. similiar psoc posts also  couldn't help me solve the problem. The pressure is from alibaba, I have used the formula used by arduino community. 

Diako_0-1633654326819.png

Diako_0-1633653781019.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqHeLsDwxVY&ab_channel=AngelaSodemann

https://youtu.be/UrqPxwsPWGk - anlog pressure sensor in arduino 

https://community.cypress.com/t5/PSoC-5-3-1-MCU/Bourns-analog-pressure-transducer/m-p/127862

0 Likes
1 Solution

This problem has been solved many times, so there shouldn't be any serious problems.
Check a few points:
1. Create / use a simple project with ADC DElSig with 10 bit resolution without using float.
- make sure that the measurement is working and is in the range> 0 <1000 bit.
2. The sensor signal should vary from 0.5V to 5V / 3.3V (check with a tester) аnd must be connected to the ADC input.
The archive of your project and the name / Datasheet of the sensor will help a lot
- it is always easier to continue what you started than to guess.
Evgeniy

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
Vasanth
250 sign-ins 500 solutions authored First question asked

Hi,

Could you please share the exact code you have used and adc settings. Could you elaborate your observations too ?

Best Regards,
Vasanth

0 Likes
Diako
Level 1
Level 1

I was wondering if you know any psoc5 tutor that could help me with my project?

0 Likes
Diako
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Vasanth,

The maximum pressure for my pressure sensor is 0.8Mpa. I wanted to read it in PSI or pressure bar becuase megapascal is too small. I therefore converted 0.8 Mpa to PSI which is 116. I'm using a 10 bit ADC , therefore the maximum readable number should technically be 921.4 and the lowest number 102.4 but when I blow on it nothing happens. 

Diako_0-1633915227993.png

Diako_0-1633916281754.png

0 Likes
EvPa_264126
Level 7
Level 7
500 replies posted 250 replies posted 100 likes received

Did you run the ADC before polling? (see example codes for ADC DelSig)

ADC_DelSig_1_Start();
ADC_DelSig_1_StartConvert();

0 Likes

yes but that doesn't fix the problem. The LED keep flashing faster if I use the pressure as vaccum but that reading doesn't update in the LED. 

Diako_0-1633997922571.png

0 Likes

This problem has been solved many times, so there shouldn't be any serious problems.
Check a few points:
1. Create / use a simple project with ADC DElSig with 10 bit resolution without using float.
- make sure that the measurement is working and is in the range> 0 <1000 bit.
2. The sensor signal should vary from 0.5V to 5V / 3.3V (check with a tester) аnd must be connected to the ADC input.
The archive of your project and the name / Datasheet of the sensor will help a lot
- it is always easier to continue what you started than to guess.
Evgeniy

0 Likes