PSoC Programmer des not allow me to check 5 pin connector

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Roger
Level 2
Level 2
10 replies posted 10 sign-ins 5 replies posted

Hi,

I just want to dump to a .hex file a firmware that is flashed in my PSoC5LP, in order to do that, I open PSoC Programmer, "File - > Read to Hex", and that should work. The problem is that the configuration does not allow me to pick a 5 pin connector (it appears in gray, as you can see in the attached image), which is the connector that I have on my board. How could I change it?

Regards.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Raj_C
250 solutions authored 500 replies posted 50 likes received

Hi @Roger,

Raj_JC_0-1633954089387.png

This is the Screenshot for the previous post which I referred to. It is taken from the PSoC programmer's help menu.

You can refer to the following topics in help:

• Setting Programming Parameters
  • Selecting a Pin Connector

Let me know if you need further clarification.

Best Regards

Raj Chaudhari

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
Raj_C

Hi @Roger,

This option is supported only for MiniProg3 devices. Please note that it is disabled for MiniProg4 because the signals are routed to both 5-pin and 10-pin connectors. This will not affect programming when either option is selected. For MiniProg4 it is not required to select any of the options. 

Best Regards

Raj Chaudhari

0 Likes
Roger
Level 2
Level 2

This information is clearly wrong. The Miniprog4 is not working to dump hex files, but when I switch to Miniprog3, then I can dump hex files to my computer. So, the solution by now is not using Miniprog4 and using Miniprog3 instead.

0 Likes
Raj_C

Hi @Roger,

Raj_JC_0-1633954089387.png

This is the Screenshot for the previous post which I referred to. It is taken from the PSoC programmer's help menu.

You can refer to the following topics in help:

• Setting Programming Parameters
  • Selecting a Pin Connector

Best Regards

Raj Chaudhari

0 Likes
Raj_C

Hi @Roger,

The MiniProg4 Program and Debug Kit is an all-in-one development programmer and debugger for PSoC 4, PSoC 5LP, and PSoC 6 MCU devices. It supports the following interfaces:

Raj_JC_0-1633951534308.png

You should be able to use the MiniProg4 device with the PSoC 5LP device. Can you please let me know if you are able to program/erase the device or connect to the device? Also, please let me know the MPN that you are using and share the screenshot of the error here. This will help in debugging the issue. 

Best Regards

Raj Chaudhari

0 Likes
Roger
Level 2
Level 2

Hi, I am able to program using Miniprog4, but what I cannot do with Miniprog4 is dump and hex file already written in PSoC. The only way that works is using Miniprog3.

0 Likes
Ekta_N
750 replies posted First like given 250 solutions authored

Hi @Roger 

Could you please explain what do you exactly mean when you say " what I cannot do with Miniprog4 is dump and hex file already written in PSoC ? Are you trying to read the flash of the PSoC 5LP device or are you trying to reprogram the PSoC 5LP device? Both the operations should be possible when using a Miniprog 4.

Could tell us the steps to recreate the issue with Miniprog 3 /4 as it would help us to get a clear understanding of the issue?

Best Regards
Ekta

0 Likes