IDAC IN 5LP NOT SOURCING 1MA CURRENT IN RTD EXAMPLE

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
prbh_3338016
Level 4
Level 4
10 likes given 5 likes given First like received

i AM TRYING TO REBUILD THE RTD EXAMPLE OF PSOC3_4 FOR PSOC5LP KIT BUT MY RTD READINGS ARE NOT PROPER DUE TO IDAC NOT SOURCING PROPER 1MA CURRENT.

i TRIED 1MA SOURCING IN DIFFERENT EXAMPLE OF IDAC8 OF 5LP . HERE IT WORKS FINE BUT IN RTD EXAMPLE IDAC JUST SOURCE 0.22microamps and not 1ma.

please help as this is weird situation

0 Likes
1 Solution
Vasanth
250 sign-ins 500 solutions authored First question asked

Hello Pratik,

I have tested the project as per your configuration on CY8CKIT059 kit. I have kept break points during Reference resistor measurement and RTD resistance measurement and I was able to see ~1mA current on both the pins using the multimeter. So the issue at your side might be something else. Could you please tell keep a breakpoint after the IDAC value is set and tell me the voltage at these pins? Your schematic says you are connecting less value resistnaces- so that should not be the issue. Otherwise if you exceed the headroom voltage of the IDAC, you will not be getting the required current. I just wan to confirm that too.

Best Regards,
VRS

View solution in original post

0 Likes
16 Replies