toggle power not working

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
emakup
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hi,

My problem is described below:
once toggle power is activated the device is in " not powered " state (bottom right). see image
On the device a green led (status) and a red led (target power) are both ON.
Is it a faulty programmer? with the other programmer we have everything works properly.
Do I need to reset it in some way or update the firmware?
Thank you in advance

0 Likes
1 Solution
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

Hello @emakup ,

Then it seems like the MiniProg3 is supplying power, but not enough power. Please try to see if you can program the MiniProg3 using reset mode and by supplying the power to the board externally. 

If yes, let me know if this method of programming is okay with you. If not, you will need a replacement. 

Regards,
Dheeraj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
DheerajK_81

Hello @emakup ,

Looks like you have a faulty MiniProg3. It is not able to supply power to the target device, it shows the voltage detected to be only 800mV instead of 3.3V. This is the reason PSoC Programmer reports "Not Powered" as the status.

There is a LED at upper right corner that indicates if the MiniProg3 is supplying power to the target connectors. Do you see the red led light up?

Regards,
Dheeraj

0 Likes

As I said :

On the device a green led (status) and a red led (target power) are both ON.

So the led you mentioned is ON

Regards,

E.P.

0 Likes
DheerajK_81

Hello @emakup ,

Then it seems like the MiniProg3 is supplying power, but not enough power. Please try to see if you can program the MiniProg3 using reset mode and by supplying the power to the board externally. 

If yes, let me know if this method of programming is okay with you. If not, you will need a replacement. 

Regards,
Dheeraj

0 Likes

Thank you for your answer. Unfortunately it does not work. I will ask for a replacement.

Best wishes,

Preview

0 Likes