psoc 5 external power supply

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
YoDe_1666546
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked First reply posted First like received

hello i have a question about powering the psoc 5 prototyping kit from an external power supply, i read that in order to use the programer while is conecting to the external source i need to remove a diode, but if i dont want to use the programer while is powered from the external source, can i just conect the psoc whitout removing the diode ?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have separated the two pieces, and added a header to the CY5888 side, and a cable with five pins to the programmer side. This allows me to connect the module to my project (which powers it) or to the programmer to reprogram it. I did not remove the diode.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
AnkitaS_51
Employee
Employee
100 likes received 50 likes received 25 likes received

Hello Yordi,

If you don't want to use the kitprog programmer on CY8CKIT-059 kit, there is a provision for removing the daughter board.but, then you may need MiniProg3 to program the PSoC5LP on kit.

I think you are mentioning about diode D1 to be removed on CY8CKIT-059 kit.We have not checked doing so experimentally.But, diode D1 provides connection between VBUS and VTARG signals.

Without VTARG connection programmer kitprog will not br able to program the target PSoC5LP chip.

The schematic of CY8CKIT-059 at this link-

CY8CKIT-059 PSoC® 5LP Prototyping Kit With Onboard Programmer and Debugger | Cypress Semiconductor

Thanks,

ANKS

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have separated the two pieces, and added a header to the CY5888 side, and a cable with five pins to the programmer side. This allows me to connect the module to my project (which powers it) or to the programmer to reprogram it. I did not remove the diode.