multiple port selection for CY8C9560A

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

In my project, I need to have multiple ports of IO expander CY8C9560A simultaneously configured as output .

I would like to know whether the status of a port will remain valid if a different port is selected using repeat start feature of I2C?

0 Likes
5 Replies
pushekm_21
Employee
Employee
10 likes received 5 likes given First like received

I am a bit confident that the value will be retained but let me check it once before confirming.

Best regards,

Pushek

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

It would be great if I could have multiple ports selected simultaneoulsy. Did you get a positive result in checking?

Thanks for your effort.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Depends on your projects, but if you can preconfigure your chip, it is possible to write your config into the POR and when you turn on your unit, the cypress will have exactly the same config what you set earlier.

Including: input, output config, even states of outputs (as I remember).

So, you need to:

• start a setting program, where you configure each cypress chip/ports as inputs/outputs
  • after you finished the settings, write the config into the POR
  • et viola, after a power off / on you get the required config back without any manual intervention

I hope it helps and not too late  :))))))

István

0 Likes

István, this post is about 6 years old. The initial date has been spoiled when the data was loaded into the new forum software. I always check the last post for an actual date. Saves some work 😉

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Bob for the hint

I already realized, it is a reeeeaaaal old post, but seemed unanswered and others, like me found the same post for similar problem and unanswered.

So, ( ) I just increased my reputation and tried to close the question for other visitors.

0 Likes