isr build errors

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Harper
Level 1
Level 1
5 replies posted 5 sign-ins First reply posted

111.PNG

Can someone please tell me what this means?

this happens when i add ist module and connect it to uart tx_en port

Harper_0-1612979231457.png

im really bad at this, just trying to follow a video lecture

hope someone helps me..

0 Likes
19 Replies
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9
First comment on KBA 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Harper,

I believe that interrupt is supposed to be connected to the interrupt_tx pin, not tx_en.

Len_CONSULTRON
Level 9
Level 9
Beta tester 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

Harper,

/odissey1 is correct.

Len
"Engineering is an Art. The Art of Compromise."
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9
First comment on KBA 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

I can compile this arrangement without problems. Please check you interrupt code. It looks like interrupt code is located in separate module, which is not declared in the header

UART_TX_en_01_A.png

0 Likes

Thanks for the reply, but om not on a level to understand what this means..

I cant even read about it because the datasheet file seems to be broken:

Harper_0-1613119345022.png

would you please tell me some things i can try without recoding something because im a complete beginner

thanks!

0 Likes
MotooTanaka
Level 9
Level 9
Distributor - Marubun (Japan)
First comment on blog Beta tester First comment on KBA
0 Likes
BragadeeshV
First question asked 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi @Harper , Please share your project here so that our experts can help you better. Please archive the project and attach it here.

Regards,
Bragadeesh
0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hi, thanks for the advice! I can attach the project here but that won't do much good. I have already sent this to my teacher and he said that it compiles just fine, there should be a problem with my installation...

I have already reinstalled the program so i dont know how much more i can do

0 Likes

Harper,

As others have indicated, I have downloaded your project and got it to compile without error.

However, strangely, when I first tried to compile it, the cy_isr (Interrupt) component was not accessible.

It is strange since the Interrupt component has been a part of the catalog of components since Creator's inception.

Based on the "Notice List" error messages you have provided I'm thinking that the problem is how your Workspace and/or Project is configured.

What will be more accurate is if you can provide the "Output" window contents.   The "Output" window also provides the commands being executed with the command line arguments.

Len
0 Likes

Thanks for the reply! I got another problem while i tried to solve the first one. after multiple uninstallations/installations now i dont have psoc update manager, and reinstalling does not make it to appear. 

Harper_0-1614087909676.pngHarper_1-1614087946959.png

i think it somehow is connected to the initial problem. what do i do? im totally lost here..

0 Likes

Harper,

About your first question (build errors):

It appears there is something not quite right with your linker configuration since the "Application Build" and Compile phases complete without error.

About your new question (Update Manager issue):

Check to make sure the executable "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\Cypress Update Manager\cyliveupdate.exe" exists.  If so, you can manually execute it from the File Manager window.

As a last resort, If you need to truly purge Creator from your system, perform the following steps.

• Go to the Windows "Apps and Features" window.   Look for all the executables with  instances of "PSoC Creator" in the name.   Uninstall each one until completion.
  • Locate "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\PSoC Creator" directory and delete it.
  • Locate "C:\Users\<yourID>\Documents\PSoC Creator\" .
  • Locate any sub-directory such as 4.1, 4.2, 4.3 or 4.4 and delete them.
  • Reinstall PSoC Creator.

Hopefully this should fix most of the problems with the exception of the original issue which IMHO is probably a linker configuration issue.

Len
0 Likes
BragadeeshV

Hi @Harper , The project works builds fine at my end as well. I just had to do Project -> Update components to make it build (some components were using older versions that wasn't compatible with my PSoC Creator version 4.3). Can you please share us the screenshot of the error you are seeing? What is the version of PSoC Creator you are using? Do let us know the OS you are using as well.

Regards,
Bragadeesh
0 Likes

Hi  @BragadeeshV

I am usong Psoc Creator 4.4 on windows 10 with CY8CKIT-059 Kit 

As soon as I try to compile this project I get these errors:

Harper_0-1613399095001.png

when i double click on them i get to the isr code page:

Harper_1-1613399200413.png

basically it is telling me there are some variables undefined or something - i dont understand it

maybe the isr is broken somehow because when i try to read the datasheet on it i get this:

Harper_2-1613399281596.png

this is also weird because my teacher says his isr datasheet also works fine..

I hope we can resolve this because i really need this to work to be able to follow the course...

thanks for any help!

0 Likes
Harper
Level 1
Level 1

How can i get developers to look at this? I dont know what to do...

0 Likes
Alex
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted Welcome!

Hi Harper,
I had the same problem as you today. The problem occurred when the ISR was updated from 1.70 to 1.71. After that I had the same error messages (cyfitter.h is not built with the isr defines and interrupt numbers were not assigned) and also that I could not open the datasheet. The problem is PC dependent. My code was built without any problems on my colleague's PC. After trying a lot, I found the solution (at least it worked for me). I have completely deleted the download directory "C:\Users\Username\Documents\PSoC Creator\4.4". There the "cy_isr_v1_71" was downloaded. After that I was able to build my updated project again and open datasheets again. Maybe it will help you too and maybe a Contributor can tell what the reason for the problem was.

0 Likes
Harper
Level 1
Level 1

you were lucky, i tried your method and nothing seems to help. 

0 Likes
BragadeeshV

Hi @Harper , @Alex ,

We believe there has been a corruption or issue in the installation of the Component ISR v1.71 that has caused this issue at your end.

Regards,
Bragadeesh
0 Likes

Yes, its broken. I tried running the program on another laptop, and get the same ISR problem. this is demoralizing...

0 Likes
BragadeeshV

Hi @Harper ,

1. Could you please check your project dependencies and let us know if the Downloads(4.4) is included in it? Right Click on the project name in the Workspace Explorer and click Dependencies. Please share with us the screenshot of the same.

BragadeeshV_0-1615465534830.png

2. Can you ensure that the cy_isr component is present in the following file location?

C:\Users\<User-name>\Documents\PSoC Creator\4.4\Downloads ( 4.4).cylib\cy_isr_v1_71 

BragadeeshV_1-1615465672087.png

3. If you do not find this component, can you do Tools -> Find new components and install Cy_ISR 1.71?

Regards,
Bragadeesh
0 Likes
BragadeeshV

Hi @Harper ,

We are locking this thread due to inactivity for more than three weeks. Please start a new discussion in case you have further questions.

Regards,
Bragadeesh
0 Likes