interfacing light sensor with analog output with PSoC3

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

can u plz suggest me how can i measure light intensity in terms of voltage using PSoC in PSoC creator.

help me out with sample code and design.

0 Likes
5 Replies
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored

There are many methods. You can use a photo transistor, diode or resistor together with an ADC. You can use a digital light sensor, which then gets connected via I2C or SPI to the PSoC.

What sensor are we talking about?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

i m planning to make use of light to frequency converter TSL235. help me out with this one also...and also help me if i'll go with photodiode.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

First, before you start any experiences, you ought to give some thougts into

Range of measurements

Accuracy

Noise filtering (Flourescent lamps)

Handling (Buttobs, switches, range select)

Display (reding in the dark??? Freeze button)

As a hint: These are the specs of your meter, write them down, will help you to keep track

Bob

0 Likes
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored

You already asked these question in another thread (http://www.cypress.com/?app=forum&id=1573&rID=55337 ) and got some answers. You need to do frequency measurement, as already explained there. Do you have any additional questions? If so, please ask them so we can answer them. Or do you expect the guys here to come up with you ready-made solution?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Bob Marlowe: my factor for designing this depends on accuracy and visible spectrum range of frequency.   
0 Likes