in system programing with usb

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does psoc5 chips support in system programing via usb using device firmware upgrade protocol?

can everything be programmed using isp or a programmer is needed for some things?

I hava a neetbook with linux ubuntu ,what development tools can i use?

0 Likes
6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

HI, 

I think you are looking for USB bootloader. Refer to AN73503 http://www.cypress.com/?rID=57561. Note that it is not tested on linux ubuntu OS. 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello there !

We could not completely understand your query. Anyway let me tell the available programming options for PSoC5 or PSoC3 device.

PSoC5 devices can be programmed using Minprog3 programmer via SWD protocol. For this you will need to have the Minprog3 programmer.

The other method of programming the device is via bootloader(I guess you are referring to this as the ISP programming). If that is the case you can achieve this from Linux OS via standard USB port. For this you might have to create your own Linux Host GUI or a command line tool. You can refer to the App Note suggested by PVKV and let us know if you need more information.

Hope this helps...

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually i use the atmega16u4 chip from atmel,this chip is manufactured with a bootloader.After mounting the board i can connect it to the computer (with usb) and programming it.With some esceptions there is no need for a programmer.The question was if i can do this whit psoc5 and it seems that the answer is: 'no you need a programmer'.

The other question is if psoc creator or other programing tools can run on a computer with linux or a old computer with windowsxp and 128MB of ram.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

By programing tools i mean the C and verilog compilers or whatever is used to build programs for psoc5.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

As far as programming tools(Verilog and C) for PSoC5 is concerned everything is integrated in one environment called PSoC Creator. It currently runs only on Windows OS. On a 128Mb machine, you got to give it a try to see if it works.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

No,do not works,much more memory is required just to install.

0 Likes