how to debug CY3210-PSOCEVAL1

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

hello

I am a starter of psoc devices. I have bought CY3210-PSOCEVAL1 and CY3215A-DK In-Circuit Emulation Lite Development Kit.I have read a lot of documents about debugging and find that I also need to buy CY3210-29466 or CY3250-29***. But I have a doubt about how to connect these pod to the target board of CY3210-PSOCEVAL1 as there is no socket for the pod on the evaluation board. The picture of the evaluation board is displayed below.

Looking forward to your help!

0 Likes
1 Solution
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

You need to remove the PSoC chip from its socket and plug in the POD. Program will be uploaded into the ICE and executed within.

A question: Why didn't you choose a more modern PSoC4 board with integrated debug capabilities for quite less money (US$ 10)

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

You need to remove the PSoC chip from its socket and plug in the POD. Program will be uploaded into the ICE and executed within.

A question: Why didn't you choose a more modern PSoC4 board with integrated debug capabilities for quite less money (US$ 10)

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

as I have to use the chip cy8c29466, so psoc1 is recommended according to cypress web.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have seen a different look of psoc1, there is a flexible socket as shown below, I don't know where to buy it.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

That socket is a ZIF socket (Zero Insertion Force). It prevents the (expensive) POD from getting damaged. I recommend to use one. You should have a look at one of your local distributors as Mouser   or DigiKey.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you very much! I will have a try

0 Likes