cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PSoC 5, 3 & 1 MCU

Anonymous
Not applicable

hello

I am a starter of psoc devices. I have bought CY3210-PSOCEVAL1 and CY3215A-DK In-Circuit Emulation Lite Development Kit.I have read a lot of documents about debugging and find that I also need to buy CY3210-29466 or CY3250-29***. But I have a doubt about how to connect these pod to the target board of CY3210-PSOCEVAL1 as there is no socket for the pod on the evaluation board. The picture of the evaluation board is displayed below.

Looking forward to your help!

0 Likes
1 Solution
JoMe_264151
Expert II

You need to remove the PSoC chip from its socket and plug in the POD. Program will be uploaded into the ICE and executed within.

A question: Why didn't you choose a more modern PSoC4 board with integrated debug capabilities for quite less money (US$ 10)

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

0 Likes
JoMe_264151
Expert II

You need to remove the PSoC chip from its socket and plug in the POD. Program will be uploaded into the ICE and executed within.

A question: Why didn't you choose a more modern PSoC4 board with integrated debug capabilities for quite less money (US$ 10)

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

as I have to use the chip cy8c29466, so psoc1 is recommended according to cypress web.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have seen a different look of psoc1, there is a flexible socket as shown below, I don't know where to buy it.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

0 Likes
JoMe_264151
Expert II

That socket is a ZIF socket (Zero Insertion Force). It prevents the (expensive) POD from getting damaged. I recommend to use one. You should have a look at one of your local distributors as Mouser   or DigiKey.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you very much! I will have a try

0 Likes