hello, I am new for this field and I have a case where a board is given to me with some sensor attached to, now a wifi module is connected to the board whihch would be transmitting data collected by sensor. Now the problem is, There is USB port attached

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
HiPa_4357541
Level 1
Level 1

hello, I am new for this field and I have a case where a board is given to me with some sensor attached to, now a wifi module is connected  to the board which would be transmitting data collected by sensor. Now the problem is, There is USB port attached to the board but my computer is not even able to detect when i plug the device with cable(I am  sure that cable and my laptop port are working). The thing is when I connect the board with computer, LED of the board do light up but nothing shows up in the computer. Can you guys help with connecting to the circuit?

For information I am using chip of this family - CY8C5868LTI-LP038.

Thanks in advance

0 Likes
1 Solution
Len_CONSULTRON
Level 9
Level 9
Beta tester 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

hipa,

Can you take a snapshot of the PCB with the USB connector you're trying to talk to?

In the meantime, let's see if this works.  I've attached a set of Cypress drivers and .inf files for most if not all of Cypress USB-connected offerings.

Perform the following steps:

1. Unzipped the attachment.
  2. Make sure the PCB is connected with a proper USB cable to the computer.  Note:  Some USB cables are POWER-ONLY and the data connections on this type of cable is not present.  This will not work for USB communication.
  3. Double-click on the "driver install PNP.bat".  It will try to find any Cypress PnP devices (VID=04B4, PID=anything). Once it matches the VID and PID to the directory of many drivers and .inf files, it should install it.
  4. If 3) is successful and the USB device was configured as a UART serial device, you will see another COM port enumerated in the "Ports (COM & LPT)" list of your Device Manager.  Try using a serial terminal program such as termite, Putty or virtually any other to communicate with the PCB.  You will need to know the communication specifications.  Usually 115.2Kbps 8N1 is commonly used.

If the above sequence does not work, perform these steps:

1. Go the Device Manager.
  2. With the PCB USB plugged into the computer, a device should appear under "Other devices" as "Unknown device" and select it.
  3. Using the right-mouse button select "Properties".
  4. There will be a tab that says "Details" and select it.
  5. Select "Hardware Ids" under the "Property" field.
  6. Report to this discussion the contents of the "Value" field.

Hopefully if the steps list above doesn't work, the information you provide may.

Len

Len
"Engineering is an Art. The Art of Compromise."

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Ekta_N
750 replies posted First like given 250 solutions authored

Hello

Please make sure that you are connecting the cable to correct USB port. You can have a look at the PSoC 5LP Development Kit Quick start guide: http://rtds.cse.tamu.edu/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/CY8CKIT-050_PSoC-5LP-DVK-Kit-_Quick-Start_Guide....

There is a communication USB and a on-board programming USB. You need to connect to the on-board programming USB for programming the device.

You can also try opening PSoC Programmer and see if you are able to connect to DVKProg5 as shown in the figure below.

pastedImage_1.png

Best Regards

Ekta

0 Likes
Len_CONSULTRON
Level 9
Level 9
Beta tester 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

hipa,

Can you take a snapshot of the PCB with the USB connector you're trying to talk to?

In the meantime, let's see if this works.  I've attached a set of Cypress drivers and .inf files for most if not all of Cypress USB-connected offerings.

Perform the following steps:

1. Unzipped the attachment.
  2. Make sure the PCB is connected with a proper USB cable to the computer.  Note:  Some USB cables are POWER-ONLY and the data connections on this type of cable is not present.  This will not work for USB communication.
  3. Double-click on the "driver install PNP.bat".  It will try to find any Cypress PnP devices (VID=04B4, PID=anything). Once it matches the VID and PID to the directory of many drivers and .inf files, it should install it.
  4. If 3) is successful and the USB device was configured as a UART serial device, you will see another COM port enumerated in the "Ports (COM & LPT)" list of your Device Manager.  Try using a serial terminal program such as termite, Putty or virtually any other to communicate with the PCB.  You will need to know the communication specifications.  Usually 115.2Kbps 8N1 is commonly used.

If the above sequence does not work, perform these steps:

1. Go the Device Manager.
  2. With the PCB USB plugged into the computer, a device should appear under "Other devices" as "Unknown device" and select it.
  3. Using the right-mouse button select "Properties".
  4. There will be a tab that says "Details" and select it.
  5. Select "Hardware Ids" under the "Property" field.
  6. Report to this discussion the contents of the "Value" field.

Hopefully if the steps list above doesn't work, the information you provide may.

Len

Len
"Engineering is an Art. The Art of Compromise."
0 Likes