emFILE not linking

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
sccac_1236541
Level 4
Level 4

Hi all,

I'm pretty sure I have an issue with my emFILE libraries not linking in my project.  I used the example that comes with creator and followed the datasheet here http://www.cypress.com/file/135136/download  or rather the most up to date version of the emFILE datasheet (if that is not it).

I get the error that either the gcc or arm mdk libraries (i've tried both) are not found (the .a or .lib file).  I have put the file and directory in the compiler>general, as well as the file and directory in the linker>general.

I know that when I was linking the CMSIS libraries before I had to add a "-lm" to the command line option in the linker, is ther a similar thing I must add here? I have tried "-lm" but it just caused other errors as well as library not found.

any help would be appreciated as I am stumped.

thanks,

scarslon

0 Likes
1 Reply
sccac_1236541
Level 4
Level 4

So turns out I confused the ARM MDK instructions with the GCC instructions.  when adding the library in linker>general> you must make sure to remove the lib and .a parts of the file name...

hope this helps someone

0 Likes