capsense overlay problem

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
viv_1703646
Level 1
Level 1

sir,

I am trying to do skin detection project using  capsense. (controller-- cy8c20236a)

if capsense on the skin after power on time, it working properly . no issue is there.

But if capsense switch on the skin when power on time, i cant get any base line updation from controller.

but i need to sense skin in this particular situation.  how can i overcome this problem . any one explain me? ..

i saw this problem for all applicable overlay.

0 Likes
1 Solution
alli_264371
Level 4
Level 4
25 replies posted 10 replies posted 10 questions asked

I think that updating the baseline is necessary for reliable operation .. It can be solve other way, just put a flag to EEPROM, and after the first device activation and initialization, set this flag .. And if flag set, next power on skip the initialization of the capsens and no update the baseline..

I cannot confirm email and add messages due to a bug on your site, the email section is not active

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
BragadeeshV
First question asked 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hello Vinok,

This is not the problem of overlay. CY8C20236A uses SmartSense algorithm. When the power is off when the device is held in hand / skin contact, and again when it is switched on, the baselines would get updated to the new value (with finger touch). Hence the device will not be detect the finger touch.

Try to use the CSD user module which doesn't use SmartSense and try to set the baseline to a constant value so that it doesn't get updated.

http://www.cypress.com/file/126941/download

http://www.cypress.com/file/37331/download

Regards,

Bragadeesh

Regards,
Bragadeesh
0 Likes

Hello  Bragadeesh,

Thank u for your response,

Already i working in CSD user module, But when power is OFF, i held my finger in capsense , when power on time there is no change in different value(rawcount- baseline).

But i dont know how can i set baseline to a constant value,

please help me....

0 Likes

Hello anyone is there to answer me?...

how can i set baseline to a constant value in cy8c20236A.

Regards

Vinok

0 Likes

Hi Vinok,

You can make the Noise threshold and negative noise threshold parameters to 0 to make the baseline constant and not tracking the raw counts.

Please try this and let us know if it is working.

Thanks

Ganesh

0 Likes
alli_264371
Level 4
Level 4
25 replies posted 10 replies posted 10 questions asked

I think that updating the baseline is necessary for reliable operation .. It can be solve other way, just put a flag to EEPROM, and after the first device activation and initialization, set this flag .. And if flag set, next power on skip the initialization of the capsens and no update the baseline..

I cannot confirm email and add messages due to a bug on your site, the email section is not active
0 Likes