cant get CYFI working with 28445

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear all,

I'm designing my own CYFI node. Indeed, due to pin and package compatibility I used 29x,27x, 28x as the MCU. However, nodes with 28X doesn't work. I tried to debug them and it seems that after the binding process, the node pass beyond the bind and get into connection mode it stays in CYFISNP_CON_MODE all the time and couldn't write the bind information to the flash. When I replace the 28445 PSOC with 27443 or 29466 the very same firmware runs perfectly without a glitch. 

The node normally uses block 255 of flash for protocol data in CYFI configuration. I changed it to 254 or some other values and marked it in the flash.txt file, but in that case node hanged up for 28445 case. So I believe it might be flash related problem. Anyway, if anybody give me some direction or hint I would be more than glad.

Regards,

Faysal,

0 Likes
1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

The problem is indeed related to flash. I hand modified the code where the net parameters are written to flash in CYFISNP_Protocol.c file. I had to utilize E2PROM block to write net parameters to flash. However, it isn't elegant at all and adds an extra 1KByte to flash memory usage. I hope Cypress fixes the problem soon.

0 Likes