Windows device drivers for cy8ckit-059

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
rasec_2385561
Level 4
Level 4
First like received

Where can I find the most current Windows device drivers for a  cy8ckit-059 PSOC 5 LP  ?

Randy

0 Likes
1 Solution
WaMa_286156
Level 5
Level 5
First comment on blog 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

The Cypress example project has the wrong product id in the USB component   I had to change it to a  3.  I think there is another id available, maybe a 2, I found this number searching the forums. the vendor ID is correct 0x4B4.    The problem is that unless you set the product id properly, windows 7 won't download the driver from Windows Update.

A web page about id's for cypress is here:

http://www.cypress.com/knowledge-base-article/usb-serial-cypress-default-vid-and-pid-kba89355

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

The Kitprog dir  is in the cypress dir under programmer/drivers/kitprog in your Programs x86 dir. What is your issue ? What windows are you running?

0 Likes
rasec_2385561
Level 4
Level 4
First like received

I have been working my way through the AN56377 - Introduction to Implementing USB Data Transfers. I got the example 1 to build and to program(download). However when I get to page 46, it starts talking about installing the driver and using the USB Control Center to look at the configuration of the USB interface and its clear to me that the configuation does not match what is in the AN56377 document. The USB Control Center is unchanged even after programming the microcontroller and reinstalling the latest device driver. When I look at the Windows Device Manager software it appears as if Device Manager does not understand that the device driver and the example 1 are related. The example 1 seems to be still searching for a device driver to install(it is in the other devices) even after reinstalling the latest device driver. Any suggestion ?

0 Likes
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Well I have downloaded this app and changed the code for 4.0 SP 1 and it seems to compile ok. I changed the device to the Psoc 5LP as I don't have the large 100 pin device.  I also downloaded the and installed the USB 3.4.7 on my windows 10 computer and I had no issues with the drivers.  The drivers all there for windows 8 and windows 7 machines.  I didn't try to use a Xp machine as that is no longer supported. This example and the USB 3.4.7 hasn't been updated since 2015.  I will try to check it to see how it works.

0 Likes
rasec_2385561
Level 4
Level 4
First like received

My operating system is Windows 7 (64 bit).

0 Likes
rasec_2385561
Level 4
Level 4
First like received

After looking at the AN56377.inf file that I created accord to the test 1 example, I think I have a clue here. The name of the device driver that is actually installed is different from the one listed in the AN56377.inf file. I presume that is enough to pretty much throw everything off ????

0 Likes
rasec_2385561
Level 4
Level 4
First like received

So is there a configuration file (AN56377.inf) that would work with the cy8ckit-059 PSOC 5 LP  to enable the test example to run correctly ? Or is there something else that needs to be configured to make it work with this example ? How does the configuration in PSoC Creator setup the USB on the microcontroller ?

0 Likes
WaMa_286156
Level 5
Level 5
First comment on blog 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

The Cypress example project has the wrong product id in the USB component   I had to change it to a  3.  I think there is another id available, maybe a 2, I found this number searching the forums. the vendor ID is correct 0x4B4.    The problem is that unless you set the product id properly, windows 7 won't download the driver from Windows Update.

A web page about id's for cypress is here:

http://www.cypress.com/knowledge-base-article/usb-serial-cypress-default-vid-and-pid-kba89355

0 Likes