Why I cannot open the example file in my PSoC creater 2.1?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable
        I cannot open it, no response, anyone encounters this problem before?   
0 Likes
10 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Actual Creator version is now 3.0 SP1. I would suggest you to upgrade to latest version from here:secure.cypress.com/psoccreator/

Be aware that the new version no longer supports the "old" PSoC5 chips but the newer PSoC5LP. There is an exchange program for development kits and chips to have them upgraded to the "LP" version.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Thanks, I have downloaded the newest one.   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Hi Bob Could you tell me where can I download the example files which are suitable for the creator 3.0   
0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

When you open Creator 3.0 you find on the left hand side a column with an entry "Find Example Projects".

When you started a new project (File -> New -> Project) you will see in the schematic view on the right hand side the component catalog. When you found a component you are interested in, right click on it and select "Find example project".

The datasheets of the components are just one click away on the same context-menu.

Bob

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Here some more instructions by Matt : www.cypress.com/

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Hi Bob, Thanks. I have known that how to open the example project, but could you tell me can I open a downloaded project? I downloaded one form CYPRESS online, but it shows this dialog "Unable to open the project ".\BatteryCharger.cydsn\BatteryCharger.cyprj". 'C:\Users\ZhJian\AppData\Local\Temp\Temp4_AN73468_Updated_3.0.zip\AN73468_Creator3.0\AN73468\BatteryCharger.cydsn\BatteryCharger.cyprj'. The link which I downloaded the zip file is http://www.cypress.com/?rID=58095   
0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

I just followed your link, downloaded the zip, expanded it into a new folder (this is required!!) and opened it.

Creator warned me about some additional code (this is normal) and asked me to update the components to latest versions, which I did. Project was opened successfully and could be edited.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Hi Bob. Thanks for your help.   
0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

You are always welcome!

Bob