What is the COM associated with the Li-ion battery charger?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable
        As described in the Appendix D , I want stimulate the process by using the display, but when I set the COM Port with PSoC 5LP, it indicates pls select a valid COM port and be sure your psoc is correctly connected and configured, and I connected the J2 and J1 ports to the PC.   
0 Likes
15 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Isn't the data transfer going through an USBUART communication device? If so, you will have to connect the second USB-port of your Kit to your PC and NOT a serial interface. On the PC side the driver will emulate a COM-port.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Actually, I have connect the J2 to the PC too. I have connected two USB lines to PC directly.   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        No, I just connect the PSoC board to the PC directly. So If I want use the display tool, the USBUART is compulsory?   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        When I plug in the USB port connected with J2, PC always shows 'USB device not recognized' then I can not use the display tool.   
0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

There is an USBUART example project built for the KIT-001 and PSoC5LP. Can you get that to work?

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Hi, Bob. I think I need install the driver first, and I found the .inf file in the generated source file, but could you tell me how to install it?   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        When I right click the file, it indicates that can not support this method of installing.   
0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Try here: www.cypress.com/

In some cases you have to de-install formerly installed USB drivers. On nirsoft.net you can find a free tool named USBDeview64 which is able to do that.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Hi Bob, thanks. But when I download the software, the former one indicates cannot complete the wizard driver installation, the other one indicates the product confiuration is missing.   
0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Can you be more precise with the errormessages you got(screen shot)?

What OS do you use?

Can you attach an actual project archieve?

Bob

0 Likes
lock attach
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Hi I will attach them individually. 1st one is the Archive of the project archive.   
0 Likes
lock attach
Anonymous
Not applicable
        The message is shown as the attachment. And I am using 32-bit operating system.   
0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

On nirsoft is of course a USBDeview for 32-bit systems, use that for de-installation.

Keep in mind the order of connection: when your PSoC5 is not running, the USB will not enumerate

1. Program your Kit

2. Run

3. Connect 2nd USB cable

4. Should enumerate now.

5. Proceed with PC software

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Hi Bob, excuse me. Do u mean enumerate is debugging step by step?   
0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

No, When an USB device is connected to a host (PC) there is an information exchange between them which is called "Enumeration".

Debugging your code until enumeration is finished may hinder the communication.

There are three (3) successive cals to USBUART:

USBUART_Start();

while(USBUART_GetConfiguration()); // Wait for enumeration

USBUART_CDC_Init();

Bob

0 Likes