VERY NEW AND HAVE QUESTIONS

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable
        The project I have on my desk was just "dropped" there and I am SO new to this, so be very patient with me. I learn quick, but not overnight... most of the project I have down but do not see how to make the Capsense buttons toggle the external circuits, i.e. touch the button toggles switch on, next touch toggles off, etc. I can do this externally with a Dual "D" Flip-Flop but sort of thought I wasnt using the PSoC to its potential and adding components that wasn't necessary. I tried to search the forum but didn't seem to find the answer, I could have overlooked it. I have looked and tried several things within PSoC Designer and I am convinced its probably something real simple I'm overlooking there. Could someone please point me in the right direction to get me over this speedbump.   
0 Likes
4 Replies
pushekm_21
Employee
Employee
10 likes received 5 likes given First like received
        Hi Scott,   

Welcome to the PSoC world!!!! If you want to toggle the external circuitry you can use a variable which has the previous state of the external circuitry. If the finger is pressed which can be detected by APIs like CSD_bIsAnySensorActive() or CSD_bIsSensorActive(BYTE bSensorNum) then we can toggle the previous state.   

I hope this will help a bit.   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Thanks a bunch pmad ... I'll try that. I have a 2" x 5" bd to put in enough components for a 10 x 12 ... normal situation ... so anywhere I can cut is a good thing. I havent dealt with the PSoC much so I will have loads of questions but what I have seen so far looks like its versatile .....   
0 Likes
pushekm_21
Employee
Employee
10 likes received 5 likes given First like received
        Scott,   

Just feel free to create go ahead with PSoC and capsense. We'll try solving your queries.   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Ok Pushek, the original project was canned, and I have decided to further research into PSoC and Capsense on my own, my first project will retrofit a panel with 3 momentary switches, a toggle switch and a rotary switch with new capacitive technology because of maintenance costs of the old panel in a wet environment. You previously told me "If the finger is pressed which can be detected by APIs like CSD_bIsAnySensorActive() or CSD_bIsSensorActive(BYTE bSensorNum) then we can toggle the previous state." my question now becomes, is this possible using the System-level of Designer or would I have to use the Chip-level area? Right now, until I become more familiar with PSoC it is a much user-friendly environment ..... not as intimidating ... hahaha   
Thanks for all you time,   

Scott   
0 Likes