User register to store a variable from bootloader

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
AnkitaP
Level 1
Level 1
10 sign-ins 5 replies posted 5 questions asked

Hello Cypress  team,

I want to retrieve a manually entered 2 byte variable (the bootloader version) which is defined/stored in the bootloader project - from the bootloadable/application project. 

Is there a register available in PSoC5 reserved to store such user data? Or an unused register that I can repurpose for my use?

Hoping to see something like a custom or unused register reserved to store user data - Something that I can write to from the bootloader project and retrieve from the bootloadable project?  

I also want to do the same in PSoC4. 

Thanks,

Ankita

0 Likes
2 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Alakananda_BG
50 likes received 250 sign-ins 250 replies posted

Hi Ankita,

I have attached a project where you can store a variable from bootloader

For that you need to set the checksum exclude section sie as 1 row = 256 bytes(depends on device used)

Please let us know if the attached project helps to solve your query.

Regards

Alakananda
0 Likes

Hi Alakananda,

I made this new question/thread - to explore if there is any option of using registers instead of the checksum exclude option because we dont want to change the memory map layout in general by introducing memory changes. 

This makes the firmware backward incompatible. Hence looking for options like writing to an unused register or a user data register to store a byte or 2 bytes information that can be passed from the bootloader to the bootloadable/application. 

0 Likes