Use ENC28J60 ethernet shield on PsoC 5LP

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone!

We are a gruop of italian student who are using PsoC for the fist time! We are trying to configure our ethernt shield which has an ENC20J60 microchip on our PsoC5LP.

We have already read about people that use the same shild with PsoC3 but our model is different and in turn olso the code will be different.

Our scope is to configure from the phisical layer up to the transport layer in order to obtain a comunication using the TCP/IP protocol.

The hard part start already to the phisical layer where we have to configure the psoc SPI and syncronize the clock with the ethernet shield.

Is there someone that has already use this ethernet shield and have some experience so it can give us some advice?

Thanks for pay attantion

Federico

0 Likes
1 Solution
RiAs_1660756
Level 4
Level 4
25 sign-ins 25 replies posted 10 replies posted

Hello, Frederico,

About a year ago, I did a bit of work on this after seeing: Cheap ENC28J60 + PSoC 4 Connect Device | Hackaday.io

I used GitHub - kmmankad/ENC28J60-PSoC3: A project that aims to create an Internet connected PSoC3 device b... as a starting point but soon learned that the endianness of the PSoC3 is opposite to PSoC 4,5LP.  I just got round it with Get and Set macros.

I did get Kartik Mankad's code working on the 5LP dev board and the PSoC 4 like the picture.  But I only got so far as to demonstrate that it was a viable approach.  All that's needed now is a suitable project to heave into view to justify further work.

However, it does seem difficult to believe that there isn't code out there ready to use.

Richard.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
RiAs_1660756
Level 4
Level 4
25 sign-ins 25 replies posted 10 replies posted

Hello, Frederico,

About a year ago, I did a bit of work on this after seeing: Cheap ENC28J60 + PSoC 4 Connect Device | Hackaday.io

I used GitHub - kmmankad/ENC28J60-PSoC3: A project that aims to create an Internet connected PSoC3 device b... as a starting point but soon learned that the endianness of the PSoC3 is opposite to PSoC 4,5LP.  I just got round it with Get and Set macros.

I did get Kartik Mankad's code working on the 5LP dev board and the PSoC 4 like the picture.  But I only got so far as to demonstrate that it was a viable approach.  All that's needed now is a suitable project to heave into view to justify further work.

However, it does seem difficult to believe that there isn't code out there ready to use.

Richard.