Usb driver for android

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

My problem is that I want to use the module's USB UART Psoc1 24864. But where isthe problem is that I would not use android windows.

you know if there is a driver for the PSoC?

Thank you

0 Likes
11 Replies
pushekm_21
Employee
Employee
10 likes received 5 likes given First like received

USBUART block uses the CDC driver of Windows to work as a UART device. Your subject suggests that you want this driver for Android OS but description suggests it other ways.

Can you please describe clearly what exactly is the requirement?

Best regards,

Pushek

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

what  is  the  “android windows.“??

i just  know  the  andriod is  based  on Linux

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Could you ban the user Occupy, since it entered the forum it did not post anything useful.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm a bit late a this point, however I'm looking for the same. I'm looking for PSoC communciations with a USB Android device. So far I have not found any native support with the PSoC. I did find this FTDI board that can interface with the Pioneer PSoC4 board nicely. http://www.ftdichip.com/Support/Documents/DataSheets/Modules/DS_UMFT311EV.pdf  I would prefer native PSoC to android support, however at this time, it appears that does not exist, or does not easialy exist. 

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Have a look at www.cypress.com/.

Additionally you may enter "PSoC android" into the right-hand search field on top of this window to get an overview.

Bob

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
ArvindK_86
Employee
Employee
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins 10 solutions authored
        Hi Folks, Requirements for a PSoC 1 - Android interface: 1. Android device, with a USB host 2. CDC class kernel drivers present on the Android device, e.g. should be able to connect to a modem (indicated by presence of cdc_acm.ko) 3. PSoC 1 device with USB, with USBUART usermodule (any USB enabled PSoC 1 will do) 4. Some java skills to write an Android app If time permits, will post a tutorial on how to go about this. Snapshot of a simple app I made a while back, PSoC on CY3240 communicates ambient light data to Android tablet and displayed on a graph (Not shown in pic, but app also has inputs to control LEDs on PSoC board) -   
0 Likes
ArvindK_86
Employee
Employee

(Retrying above post with IE, forum software with Chrome screwed my formatting)

Hi Folks,

Requirements for a PSoC 1 - Android interface:

1. Android device, with a USB host

2. CDC class kernel drivers present on the Android device, e.g. should be able to connect to a modem (indicated by presence of cdc_acm.ko)

3. PSoC 1 device with USB, with USBUART usermodule (any USB enabled PSoC 1 will do)

4. Some java skills to write an Android app If time permits, will post a tutorial on how to go about this.

Snapshot of a simple app I made a while back, PSoC on CY3240 communicates ambient light data to Android tablet and displayed on a graph (Not shown in pic, but app also has inputs to control LEDs on PSoC board) -

0 Likes
ArvindK_86
Employee
Employee

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Arvi, 

Could you please explain in a bit more detail how you implemented the usb host communication with PSoC.

Can PSoC 5 LP be used instead, - it is usb enabled. It would be really great if you could share a small tutorial. 

Thanks!

0 Likes
JeMe_288686
Level 1
Level 1

Hi arvi,

Would you be willing to post what you've already done ?

(android and psoc projects)

Best Regards

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think you should contact some android app development solution company to get this one. I think they must have the same.

0 Likes